Easy Chipotle Sofritas
These Easy Chipotle Sofritas are made with scrambled tofu for a quick and healthy dinner that’s ready in under 30 minutes! Serve the chipotle sofritas in a burrito bowl, tacos or to enjoy on its own!
An easy and healthy copycat chipotle sofritas recipe
Why go to chipotle for sofritas when you can just make them at home? Chipotle Sofritas is so easy to make at home. Once you try this recipe, it will become a staple in your kitchen.
I love to serve my chipotle sofritas in a burrito bowl with some brown rice, beans, corn, salad and top it all off with a delicious chipotle mayo. If you’re looking for a low-carb dinner option, you can serve up these chipotle sofritas on a cauliflower rice burrito bowl.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- This recipe tastes similar to the sofritas at Chipotle restaurant, but are made healthy and with much less sodium.
- This recipe comes together in under 30 minutes and is perfect for busy weeknights.
- These sofritas are high in protein for a healthy vegan and gluten-free dinner.
Ingredients in Chipotle Sofritas
- Chili Powder
- Chipotle peppers in Adobo
- Crushed Tomatoes
- Brown Sugar
How to make easy chipotle sofritas
Press the tofu between paper towels to remove as much liquid as possible, then cut the tofu into large cubes and add it to a food processor.
Pulse the tofu a few times until it looks crumbly like in the photo. Don’t over-pulse it! You don’t want to end up with completely blended tofu.
Heat some oil in a skillet then let the onions and garlic cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the tofu and spices and mix all together, letting the tofu brown on the bottom.
Blend the crushed tomato, chipotle peppers and brown sugar together and then pour the sauce into the tofu, mixing everything together until well combined.
Serve the chipotle sofritas on their own or on top of a burrito bowl.
Tips for making this recipe perfectly
- Use extra-firm tofu for this recipe. Softer tofus have more liquid in them and won’t brown well in the pan.
- You can use a food processor or just crumble the tofu by hand. If using a food processor don’t overmix the tofu.
- If you don’t like your food spicy, start by adding one chipotle pepper.
More tofu recipes to tryPrint
These Copycat easy chipotle sofritas take less than 30 minutes to make for a healthy dinner that’s vegan and gluten-free!
- 1 pack extra-firm tofu
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo
- 1/3 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise of choice (vegan or regular)
- 1 tbsp chipotle sauce (from the can of chipotles)
- Rice of choice
- black beans
- shredded lettuce
- Drain the tofu and press between paper towels to remove any excess liquid, then cut into large cubes and add to a food processor. Pulse to break apart the tofu until crumbled.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and let cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tofu, paprika, chili powder, cumin and salt and mix together, letting the tofu brown for 3-4 minutes.
- Blend the chipotle peppers, crushed tomatoes and brown sugar together then pour the sauce into the pan, mixing until everything is incorporated.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- To prepare the chipotle mayo, mix together the chipotle sauce with your favourite mayo.
Use extra-firm tofu for this recipe. Softer tofus have more liquid in them and won’t brown well in the pan.
You can use a food processor or just crumble the tofu by hand. If using a food processor don’t overmix the tofu.
If you don’t like your food spicy, start by adding one chipotle pepper.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 85
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 300mg
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: copycat chipotle sofritas, homemade chipotle sofritas
If you tried these Easy Chipotle Sofritas or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!