These cauliflower tinga tacos are loaded with spicy chipotle flavour for a vegan taco that packs a punch! You’ll love this healthy taco recipe!
We all know cauliflower can be pizza crust, nuggets, rice…etc. But today cauliflower is being transformed into the best taco filling, like…ever.
Cauliflower gets roasted to crispy perfection, tossed in a spicy tinga sauce with chipotles, chilli and garlic and stuffed into some grilled corn tortillas. Drool.
Vegan roasted cauliflower tacos
These cauliflower tinga tacos are naturally vegan and made with roasted cauliflower for some amazing bold flavour.
Roasted cauliflower makes a great meat alternative for tacos since it has a really nice bite to it and is mega satiating. Roasting the cauliflower also helps it build some great flavour which is really important when making a vegan taco filling!
I use a dairy-free sour cream to top these tacos to keep them vegan friendly, but you can skip out on this entirely or add some vegan cheese to top these off instead.
How to make cauliflower tacos
To make these cauliflower tacos, start by cutting your cauliflower into florets. You want the florets to be small enough so they fit nicely inside the taco shells.
Then roast the cauliflower in the oven for about 20-25 minutes until golden brown and crispy. While your cauliflower is baking, you can prepare the sauce and any additional ingredients for the tacos.
When the cauliflower comes out of the oven, toss it in the tinga sauce and fill your taco shells right away.
A few notes on the recipe
I highly recommend using corn tortillas for this recipe and heating them directly on your stove top or an open flame. (If this isn’t an option for you, just toast them slightly.) This will totally change the flavour of the tortillas and make them taste SO GOOD with your tacos!
The tinga sauce is a little bit on the spicy side, so this is definitely a recipe for those who like heat! If you want to make the sauce less spicy, simply add 1/2-1 chipotle pepper instead of 2.
I like to puree my avocado and sour cream together to make an avocado crema. This is a great
Other cauliflower recipes to tryPrint
Spicy and tangy these cauliflower tinga tacos pack a punch!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4–5 tbsp water
- Corn tortillas
- Shredded cabbage
- sour cream (vegan or regular)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Coat the cauliflower with olive oil and roast for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Heat olive oil in a small pan on medium-high heat then add the onion and garlic let cook for 2 minutes. Add the rest of the sauce ingredients and let cook on medium for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the sauce on the roasted cauliflower and toss together until evenly coated.
- Toast your corn tortillas and fill them with the cauliflower tinga and toppings.
Don’t forget to toast your corn tortillas! This makes them taste SO good!
- Serving Size: 1 taco
- Calories: 140g
- Sugar: 4g
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: roasted cauliflower tacos, how to make cauliflower tacos, vegan, gluten-free, tinga sauce