These Copycat easy chipotle sofrtias take less than 30 minutes to make for a healthy dinner that’s vegan and gluten-free!
- 1 pack extra-firm tofu
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo
- 1/3 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise of choice (vegan or regular)
- 1 tbsp chipotle sauce (from the can of chipotles)
- Rice of choice
- black beans
- shredded lettuce
- Drain the tofu and press between paper towels to remove any excess liquid, then cut into large cubes and add to a food processor. Pulse to break apart the tofu until crumbled.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and let cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tofu, paprika, chili powder, cumin and salt and mix together, letting the tofu brown for 3-4 minutes.
- Blend the chipotle peppers, crushed tomatoes and brown sugar together then pour the sauce into the pan, mixing until everything is incorporated.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- To prepare the chipotle mayo, mix together the chipotle sauce with your favourite mayo.
Use extra-firm tofu for this recipe. Softer tofus have more liquid in them and won’t brown well in the pan.
You can use a food processor or just crumble the tofu by hand. If using a food processor don’t overmix the tofu.
If you don’t like your food spicy, start by adding one chipotle pepper.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 85
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 300mg
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: copycat chipotle sofritas, homemade chipotle sofritas