Asian Kale Salad with Peanut Dressing
Hi everyone! Hope you’ve all been enjoying your day. I can’t believe it’s already getting dark out so early here in Montreal. By 4pm, the lights already gone. It’s all making me feel quite sleepy. Does anyone else get that way when the winter months creep in?
I made this Asian kale salad with peanut dressing for lunch this week, but it makes a really great appetizer as well. This salad is one of my favourite ways to enjoy kale!
I get asked a lot about how to probably use kale in salads. Many people find that kale can have a very tough texture. If you find this problem with you kale, once you chop it, massage it (yes, with your hands) in a little bit of olive oil and lemon juice. This will help break town that tough kale and get it nice and soft for you. The other trick to soft kale is just letting it sit in your salad dressing for a bit longer than you would a regular salad. A nice thick creamy dressing always works wonders on kale!
alright, lets get to it!Print
4 big leaves kale 1/2 cup finely shredded red cabbage 1/2 cup edemame 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup quinoa (uncooked)
- 4 big leaves kale, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup shelled edemame, cooked
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 lime (for more tang, add an extra half lime)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- Cook your quinoa according to package directions.
- While your quinoa is cooking, chop all your other veggies (except your avocado) and place them in a large bowl.
- Once quinoa is cool, add your quinoa and toasted almonds to your salad bowl.
- To prepare your dressing, start by melting your peanut butter in the microwave, or in a small saucepan. Once the peanut butter is melted, add all the other ingredients. Stir well, and set aside.
- Toss your salad in a generous amount of dressing. (this will help soften up your kale!)
- Place your salads onto a plate, and add your sliced avocado on top.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 447
- Sugar: 11g
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 12g
Keywords: Asian Kale Salad with Peanut Dressing, healthy dressing recipe