4 big leaves kale 1/2 cup finely shredded red cabbage 1/2 cup edemame 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup quinoa (uncooked)
- 4 big leaves kale, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup shelled edemame, cooked
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 lime (for more tang, add an extra half lime)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- Cook your quinoa according to package directions.
- While your quinoa is cooking, chop all your other veggies (except your avocado) and place them in a large bowl.
- Once quinoa is cool, add your quinoa and toasted almonds to your salad bowl.
- To prepare your dressing, start by melting your peanut butter in the microwave, or in a small saucepan. Once the peanut butter is melted, add all the other ingredients. Stir well, and set aside.
- Toss your salad in a generous amount of dressing. (this will help soften up your kale!)
- Place your salads onto a plate, and add your sliced avocado on top.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 447
- Sugar: 11g
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 12g
Keywords: Asian Kale Salad with Peanut Dressing, healthy dressing recipe