Thai Crunch Salad With Sesame Dressing
This Thai Crunch Salad With Sesame Dressing is a healthy chopped salad loaded with delicious ingredients like kale, purple cabbage and mango! It’s then all topped with a light sesame dressing and can be served as an appetizer, side or a light lunch!
A Thai inspired crunchy salad
There’s nothing better than enjoying fresh and healthy salad recipes during the summer months. They’re fresh, light and the perfect thing to eat when you don’t want to turn on your oven. Salads can be super versatile and delicious to enjoy as an appetizer, side or even as a meal.
This salad is Thai-inspired and uses fresh crunchy ingredients like shredded lettuce, purple cabbage, nuts, and seeds. If you want to make this salad into more of a complete meal, you can always serve it topped off with your favourite protein, or serve it alongside some Thai Satay Tofu Skewers.
How to make this salad
This salad is quick and easy to throw together. Just chop or shred all your ingredients and add them to a large mixing bowl. Then prep the salad dressing in a jar or a small bowl.
Dres the salad and toss everything together. If you like it lightly dressed, start with a little dressing and then add more if needed. If you’re making this Thai Crunch Salad in advance, then store the salad and dressing separately.
- The base of this salad is made of shredded lettuce. I just chop it with a knife, but you can use a mandoline, shredder or food processor if you prefer. You could buy some of the ingredients like carrots and red cabbage pre-shredded if you prefer.
- You can also add in any protein like some stir-fried tofu on top of this salad if you’d like to make it more of a complete meal. I’ve also made this salad before with added chickpeas and quinoa, which is delicious!
- If you’re not familiar with Thai basil, it is one of my all-time favourite herbs! You can find it at your local Asian market, or even some grocery stores. If you cannot find Thai basil, you can substitute it in this recipe with regular basil or cilantro.
Store this salad undressed in the fridge for up to 4 days. Only dress the salad when ready to serve. If the salad is already dressed, it won’t keep well. You can also meal prep this recipe into containers with the dressing on the side and enjoy lunches throughout the week.
Other recipes to try
If you tried this Thai Crunch Salad With Sesame Dressing or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!
Enjoy this Thai Crunch salad as an appetizer, side or for a healthy lunch!
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup kale, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Thai basil (can sub regular basil)
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1 large carrot, peeled or shredded
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup edamame, cooked according to package directions
- 1 mango, chopped into cubes
- 3 tbsp toasted cashews
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Add all the salad ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- Make the salad dressing by mixing all the dressing ingredients together in a jar until combined. Taste and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Dress the salad and serve.
Feel free to chop, shred or cut the vegetables in this salad in any way you like!
If preparing in advance, store the dressing in the fridge separately and dress ready to serve.
- Serving Size: 1 salad
- Calories: 306
- Sugar: 15g
- Sodium: 105mg
- Fat: 18.5g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 9g
Keywords: Asian salad recipe, Thai salad, sesame ginger dressing recipe