Quinoa Kale Salad with Sweet Potato
This Quinoa Kale Salad with Sweet Potato is made with 6 simple ingredients that when combined together create the most delicious salad! This salad is naturally vegan and gluten-free.
A Quinoa and Kale Salad with 6 ingredients
This recipe for Quinoa and Kale salad Sweet Potato features 6 main ingredients that all complement each other perfectly. These ingredients are:
- Sweet potato
- Dried Cranberries
The salad is then topped off with a simple lemon vinaigrette that is not too heavy and gives just the right amount of flavour to the salad. This salad would also be delicious with some green goddess vinaigrette if you prefer.
This recipe is healthy, vegan, gluten-free and is perfect for a side dish or for lunch.
How healthy is this quinoa salad?
Some quinoa salads can end up being not so healthy because they’re loaded with tons of dressing or unhealthy additions.
This quinoa salad I would say is 100% a healthy quinoa salad. This salad is made with simple, clean ingredients and even uses unsweetened dried cranberries. (Which I recommend to keep the sugar content low in this salad.)
How to make this recipe
Start by preparing the sweet potato by roasting it in the oven. While the potato cooks, you can prepare the dressing and cook the quinoa.
Next mix all the salad ingredients together in a mixing bowl to combine and top with the dressing.
Do I need to massage the kale?
Nope! Some kale salads will recommend massaging the kale with your hands before adding it to the salad, which helps to make the kale leaves more tender.
But for this recipe, there is no need. When the dressing gets mixed into the salad along with the warm sweet potato, the kale leaves automatically becomes tender.
Tips for making this recipe perfectly
- Try cooking your quinoa in some veggie broth for extra flavour. This is one of my favourite ways to create a flavourful quinoa salad.
- Cut the sweet potato into small cubes. They’ll be easier to eat in the salad if they are in bite-sized pieces.
- If you want the salad to store well in the fridge, keep the dressing separate from the salad and only dress the salad when you serve it. If you dress the entire salad, it will keep well for about 2 days. If you leave the dressing separately, the salad will last 5 days in the fridge.
More quinoa salads to try
If you tried this Quinoa Kale Salad with Sweet Potato or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
Quinoa Kale Salad with Sweet Potato
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Side
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
This Quinoa Kale Salad with Sweet Potato is made with 6 simple ingredients that when combined together create the most delicious salad!
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked (1 cup uncooked)
- 3 cups kale, chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Roast the sweet potato: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss the sweet potato with the olive oil then spread onto the baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes until cooked.
- Make the dressing: Mix all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl or jar.
- Make the salad: Mix all the salad ingredients together in a large mixing bowl pour the dressing, starting with half of it, onto the salad and mix together. Add more dressing to your desired taste and season with salt and pepper.
Try cooking your quinoa in some veggie broth for extra flavour. This is one of my favourite ways to create a flavourful quinoa salad.
Cut the sweet potato into small cubes. They’ll be easier to eat in the salad if they are in bite-sized pieces.
If you want the salad to store well in the fridge, keep the dressing separate from the salad and only dress the salad when you serve it. If you dress the entire salad, it will keep well for about 2 days. If you leave the dressing separately, the salad will last 5 days in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1/6th recipe
- Calories: 239
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: quinoa kale salad, quinoa salad with sweet potato, quinoa salad with cranberries
This was really good. It was easier to make because I didn’t have a lot of ingredients but what this recipe
calls for is stuff most people have in their pantry. I did substitute raisins because I didn’t have dried cranberries. There was some leftover and I had it for lunch the next day and it was even better! It had even more flavor the next day.
Happy you enjoyed it!
I’ve been having this salad on repeat for the past few weeks. It’s delicious, and is even better after it sits overnight. Thanks!
So glad you’re enjoying it Jessica! 🙂
I really liked this quinoa kale salad!
The 2 cups of quinoa are after its cooked or 2 cups of quinoa that one cooks.? If the former howuch would that be raw?
Hi Sherri, it would be about 1 cup uncooked!