This Quinoa Kale Salad with Sweet Potato is made with 6 simple ingredients that when combined together create the most delicious salad!
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked (1 cup uncooked)
- 3 cups kale, chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Roast the sweet potato: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss the sweet potato with the olive oil then spread onto the baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes until cooked.
- Make the dressing: Mix all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl or jar.
- Make the salad: Mix all the salad ingredients together in a large mixing bowl pour the dressing, starting with half of it, onto the salad and mix together. Add more dressing to your desired taste and season with salt and pepper.
. This is one of my favourite ways to create a flavourful quinoa salad.
Cut the sweet potato into small cubes. They’ll be easier to eat in the salad if they are in bite-sized pieces.
If you want the salad to store well in the fridge, keep the dressing separate from the salad and only dress the salad when you serve it. If you dress the entire salad, it will keep well for about 2 days. If you leave the dressing separately, the salad will last 5 days in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1/6th recipe
- Calories: 239
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: quinoa kale salad, quinoa salad with sweet potato, quinoa salad with cranberries