Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad
This quinoa tabbouleh salad is made with fresh simple ingredients and comes together in less than 30 minutes for a healthy salad or side dish! It’s perfect to enjoy for lunch, as a side or to bring to a pot-luck!
What is Tabbouleh?
Tabbouleh is a Middle Eastern and Mediterranean salad that is made up of mostly parsley, mint, onion and bulgar. While bulgar is a healthy ingredient to use, it does contain gluten. So using quinoa as a replacement is the perfect option for making a gluten-free tabbouleh.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Takes 30 minutes-You know I love any 30-minute recipe! This salad is one of those quick and easy to throw together salads
- Perfect for meal prep-This salad is great to make ahead of time and have on hand ready to go for the week!
- Naturally gluten-free and vegan-which makes it perfect to serve up for anyone with these dietary restrictions
- Perfect for a crowd-making a big batch of this recipe is perfect to serve for a bbq or dinner party
- Quinoa-The star ingredient of this gluten-free tabbouleh recipe! You can use all white quinoa or a mix of white and red quinoa.
- Parsley-Both flat-leaf parsley and curly parsley work well in this recipe. They will result in the same taste
- Mint-Just a bit will add a ton of flavour to this tabbouleh. You can also substitute this for some dill or basil if you prefer
- Cherry tomatoes-You can use any type of tomatoes here, but cherry tomatoes will give this salad the best flavour!
- Red onion-A classic ingredient used in tabbouleh. You can also substitute for green onions.
- Lemon-The main ingredient that will be used to make the lemon dressing for this salad.
How to make this Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad
This salad is easy to throw together and takes less than 30 minutes to make!
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions.
- While the quinoa is cooking, chop up the parsley, mint, tomato, and red onion.
- Let the quinoa cool completely before tossing it with the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix the dressing ingredients and dress the salad before serving.
What to serve with this tabbouleh
Tabbouleh is great to serve for a light lunch, as a side or more traditionally, as part of a mezze platter. Here are some recipes you can serve with this tabbouleh salad.
- Prepare your quinoa ahead of time (preferably the night before) so you don’t have to wait for it to cool when you want to prepare the salad.
- Use curly parsley for a more traditional tabbouleh. (But flat-leaf parsley works fine too.)
- If you want to add some more protein to this recipe, add in 1/4 cup of hemp seeds.
Store leftovers of this salad in the fridge for up to 3 days if it’s already dressed. To make the salad last longer, store the salad and the dressing separately in the fridge for up to 6 days.
Traditionally, tabbouleh made with bulgar contains gluten. But this recipe for Quinoa Tabbouleh is gluten-free.
Yes! This salad is very healthy and perfect to incorporate into a healthy diet. Each serving contains 3 grams of fibre and 3.4 grams of protein!
Yes. This recipe can be prepared ahead of time. Just store the dressing and salad separately, and dress when you are ready to serve the salad.
Unfortunately tabbouleh does not freeze well and will become mushy after being frozen.
More quinoa salads to try
- Quinoa Kale Salad With Sweet Potato
- Southwest Quinoa Salad
- Quinoa Power Bowl
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- Moroccan Quinoa Salad
If you tried this Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
A simple and healthy tabbouleh salad that uses quinoa instead of bulgur for a gluten-free tabbouleh!
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. Remove from the stove and let cool completely.
- Mix the parsley, mint, tomatoes, red onion and quinoa together in a large bowl.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together, then pour half the dressing onto the salad. Taste and add more dressing to your liking.
Prepare your quinoa ahead of time so you don’t have to wait for it to cool when making this recipe.
Use curly parsley for a more traditional tabbouleh.
Add 1/4 cup hemp seeds to add more protein to this recipe. Store any leftovers in the fridge. (This salad stores well even after being dressed.)
- Serving Size: 1/6 of the recipe
- Calories: 136
- Sugar: 1.5g
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 13.5g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3.4g
Keywords: quinoa salad, healthy tabbouleh salad