This quinoa tabbouleh salad is made with fresh simple ingredients and comes together in less than 30 minutes for a healthy salad or side dish!
Don’t you just love a quick and easy salad recipe that is a crowd-pleaser? This quinoa tabbouleh salad is just that!
It’s filled with fresh herbs, quinoa, tomatoes and red onion and is perfect to serve as a side dish, a summer barbecue or to bring to a potluck!
Can you substitute quinoa for bulgur?
Yes! Tabbouleh salad is traditionally made with a grain called bulgur, but it can easily be swapped out for quinoa.
Bulgur wheat is a whole grain that is nutritious and has a slightly nutty flavour. Although it’s called “bulgur wheat,” it is actually a gluten-free grain.
For this recipe, we are using quinoa instead of bulgur, which gives the salad a slightly different, lighter taste.
How to make quinoa tabbouleh salad
This salad is easy to throw together and takes less than 30 minutes to make!
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions.
- While the quinoa is cooking, chop up the parsley, mint, tomato, and red onion.
- Let the quinoa cool completely before tossing with the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix the dressing ingredients and dress the salad before serving.
Is tabbouleh healthy?
Whether you make tabbouleh with quinoa or with bulgur, it is a healthy and nutritious salad that is packed with vitamins and fibre.
Recipe tips and variations
- Prepare your quinoa ahead of time (preferably the night before) so you don’t have to wait for it to cool when you want to prepare the salad.
- Use curly parsley for a more traditional tabbouleh, flat leaf parsley works fine too.
- If you want to add some more protein to this recipe, add in 1/4 cup of hemp seeds.
- This salad stores well in the fridge even after its dressed and can be enjoyed for several days after making it.
Other quinoa recipes to try
If you tried this Quinoa tabbouleh salad or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
A simple and healthy tabbouleh salad that uses quinoa instead of bulgur!
- 1/2 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 3 cups chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped mint
- 5 cherry tomatoes, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. Remove from the stove and let cool completely.
- Mix the parsley, mint, tomatoes, red onion and quinoa together in a large bowl.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together, then pour half the dressing onto the salad. Taste and add more dressing to your liking.
Prepare your quinoa ahead of time so you don’t have to wait for it to cool when making this recipe.
Use curly parsley for a more traditional tabbouleh.
Add 1/4 cup hemp seeds to add more protein to this recipe. Store any leftovers in the fridge. (This salad stores well even after being dressed.)
- Serving Size: 1/6 of the recipe
- Calories: 136
- Sugar: 1.5g
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 13.5g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3.4g
Keywords: quinoa salad, healthy tabbouleh salad
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I know, trust and love!