A simple and healthy tabbouleh salad that uses quinoa instead of bulgur!
- 1/2 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 3 cups chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped mint
- 5 cherry tomatoes, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. Remove from the stove and let cool completely.
- Mix the parsley, mint, tomatoes, red onion and quinoa together in a large bowl.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together, then pour half the dressing onto the salad. Taste and add more dressing to your liking.
Prepare your quinoa ahead of time so you don’t have to wait for it to cool when making this recipe.
Use curly parsley for a more traditional tabbouleh.
Add 1/4 cup hemp seeds to add more protein to this recipe. Store any leftovers in the fridge. (This salad stores well even after being dressed.)
- Serving Size: 1/6 of the recipe
- Calories: 136
- Sugar: 1.5g
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 13.5g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3.4g
Keywords: quinoa salad, healthy tabbouleh salad