This Mediterranean Pasta is made with roasted cherry tomatoes, kalamata olives and feta cheese for a healthy tasty pasta that’s ready in just 30 minutes!
An easy healthy pasta recipe
This Mediterranean Pasta recipe is one of those perfect quick and easy dinner recipes that tastes light, fresh and is a crowd-pleaser! This dish is made with roasted cherry tomatoes, which burst when mixed in with the pasta and create and creamy-tomato “sauce” coating.
I like to serve this dish up warm, but you could also enjoy it served cold as a pasta salad. (Make sure to also try this Mediterranean Quinoa Salad too!)
Ingredients you’ll need
- Cherry Tomatoes: the cherry tomatoes get roasted in the oven and tossed into the pasta and “burst” to create a creamy sauce-like coating.
- Olive oil: to sautee the garlic and tomatoes.
- Garlic: Use fresh garlic to add the best flavour to this dish!
- Pasta: any kind you like. I use gluten-free farfalle
- Kalamata olives: use pitted olives, sliced in half
- Feta: greek feta is best!
- Basil: Fresh basil leaves are best.
- Oregano: fresh or dried. I use dried for this recipe.
- Chilli flakes: for just a touch of heat!
How to make this pasta
Start by roasting the cherry tomatoes in the oven at 425 degrees F for 15-20 minutes. Then toss them in a pan with some olive oil and garlic.
Add in the pasta, olives, feta, herbs and spices to the pan and mix everything together until the tomatoes burst and the pasta is creamy.
Season the pasta with salt and pepper and top it off with more basil, crumbed feta or parmesan cheese if you’d like!
Add-ins and substitutions
Make it grain-free: Use a grain-free pasta like Cassava flour pasta, or make it with spaghetti squash or spiralized zucchini noodles.
Make it vegan: Leave out the feta cheese, or replace it with some crumbled vegan cheese.
Add more roasted veggies: Chop up some zucchini and eggplant and roast them in the oven with the tomatoes. Add to the pasta.
Storing and reheating
Store this pasta in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 2-3 days. Reheat in a pan on the stove with a small splash of water, or in the microwave.
This recipe is best enjoyed fresh and does not freeze well.
Tips for making this recipe perfectly
- Don’t skip out on roasting the tomatoes before adding them to the pasta! This is what gives the pasta great flavour, and also softens the tomatoes so they cook into a saucy texture.
- Season the pasta water with salt. This will help infuse the pasta to make it extra flavourful.
- For a creamier pasta, set aside 1/4 cup of pasta water to add back to the pasta. This will make a creamier saucy pasta.
More pasta recipes to try
If you tried this Mediterranean Pasta or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
This Mediterranean Pasta is packed with flavour and comes together in just 30 minutes!
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8oz pasta
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- handful fresh basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Toss the cherry tomatoes with 1/2 tbsp of olive oil and place in the oven to roast for 15-20 minutes.
- While the tomatoes are toasting, cook the pasta in a big pot of water. (*add a big pinch of salt for extra flavour.)
- Heat the remaining 1/2 tbsp olive oil in a pan on medium-high heat. Add the garlic and tomatoes and toss together, and let cook for 1 minute.
- Add the pasta, olives, feta, herbs and spices and toss everything together on medium-low heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
! This is what gives the pasta great flavour, and also softens the tomatoes so they cook into a saucy texture.
Season the pasta water with salt. This will help infuse the pasta to make it extra flavourful.
For a creamier pasta, set aside 1/4 cup of pasta water to add back to the pasta. This will make a creamier saucy pasta.
Store any leftovers in the fridge in an air-tight container for 2-3 days.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 350
- Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 50g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 10g
Keywords: pasta with feta, pasta with roasted cherry tomatoes, pasta with olives