One-Pot Tomato Basil Pasta
This One-Pot Tomato Basil Pasta comes together in just 20 minutes and is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner. This pasta can be made with a variety of add-ins and substitutions and makes a delicious and healthy meal!
An easy vegetarian pasta recipe
This recipe for One-Pot Pasta with Tomatoes and Basil is perfect for those nights where you do not want to have a lot of dirty dishes.
This entire pasta dish is made in just one-pot, (as the title states) the only other kitchen gear you’ll need is a knife and a cutting board.
One thing I love about this recipe is it’s very versatile, and you can add in different veggies, proteins, herbs or substitute any that you love or have on hand. It’s really a fuss-free meal!
Ingredients you’ll need
- Linguine: any long shape pasta works best.
- Cherry Tomatoes: you can also use regular tomatoes or canned tomatoes
- Capers: for a little burst of flavour
- Basil leaves: Fresh basil not dried! You can also use parsley.
- Garlic: 2 cloves for flavour.
- Shallots: Not green onions, the small purple onions that are sweet in taste. You can also sub regular onion
- Vegetable broth: You can use water, but vegetable broth makes a much more flavourful pasta
- Black pepper: to season
How to make this one-pot pasta
Add all the ingredients to your pot or pan. Make sure it’s large enough so the noodles can fit.
Add the broth or water and bring to a boil, then let cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes until the water is all evaporated and pasta is soft.
Top with some fresh basil, parmesan cheese, a drizzle of olive oil or whatever you love!
Optional add-ins & substitutions
One great thing about this pasta is that it’s SO versatile! Here are some things you can try adding in or substituting:
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Canned artichoke hearts
- Kale or leafy greens
- Lemon zest
Tips for making this recipe perfectly
- Use a long shaped pasta like linguine or spaghetti that cook in 8-10 minutes for best results. A pasta that is thicker like rigatoni may take more time and need more liquid to cook.
- Make sure to use a pot large enough to fit the pasta. A large pan works well too.
- Use tongs to toss the pasta around often to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
More pasta recipes to try:
If you tried this One-Pot Tomato Basil Pasta or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!
This pasta uses one-pot and comes together in just 20 minutes for an easy and delicious dinner!
- 8 oz linguine
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced (can sub 1/2 med onion)
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- olive oil and vegan parmesan cheese to top (optional)
- In a large pot or pan, add all the ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 9-11 minutes on medium heat, using tongs to toss around the pasta every minute or so, until the liquid is almost all evaporated.
- Taste the noodles to make sure they’re cooked to your liking. If they feel a bit too al dente, add a little more water and continue to cook.
- Remove the pasta from heat and serve with a drizzle of olive oil and some cheese.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 350
- Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 50g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 10g
Keywords: one pot pasta, one pan pasta