This creamy vegan roasted red pepper pasta is the answer to your healthy comfort food dreams! It’s made with a homemade roasted red pepper sauce (from scratch!) mixed with noodles of your choice. Cozy up with a bowl of this warming dish.
This is an old recipe from the blog that has been updated to make it even better!
A healthy and delicious vegan pasta
This pasta recipe is healthy and can be made with any pasta you love. I use gluten-free pasta, but it can also be made with chickpea or lentil pasta for a high-protein version, or with classic wheat pasta. After making this recipe be sure to try this Creamy Avocado Pasta and this Vegan Lemon Asparagus Pasta if you’re looking for more pasta dinners!
This pasta dish is one of those meals that you just want to curl up with a giant bowl of and dig in while wearing some cozy socks and a blanket thrown around you like a sweater. mmmm. doesn’t that sound nice?
Why you’ll love this recipe
- The roasted red pepper sauce is made entirely from scratch, which makes it extra delicious!
- This recipe is versatile and can be made with any type of pasta you love, or even with spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles.
- You can prepare a jar of the sauce in advance and freeze it to have on hand when you want to make some pasta.
How to make roasted red pepper pasta
Start by roasting the peppers in the oven on broil until they’re charred. Then let them sweat in a bowl covered with a plate or plastic wrap for 5 minutes. Peel off the skin from the pepper and then cut the peppers into slices. Add the sliced peppers to a blender with the rest of the sauce ingredients and puree until smooth.
Cook your pasta according to package directions and then toss in the pan with the roasted red pepper sauce until the pasta is completely coated.
Serve with some fresh parsley or basil. Store any leftovers in a container in the fridge for up to 2 days
Tips for making this recipe perfectly
- Set your oven on broil to char the peppers. They should blacken on each side. You’ll want to keep a close eye on them to make sure they don’t burn. Mine took about 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Let the peppers sit in a bowl covered in cling wrap or a plate to cover them and seal in the steam. This helps to soften the peppers and will make the skin peel off easily.
- If you want to make extra sauce to store in the fridge or freezer, double or triple to sauce ingredients to make extra.
More pasta recipes to try
If you tried this Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Pasta or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
Learn how to make pasta with a homemade roasted red pepper sauce!
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set the oven to broil or to 525 degrees F.
- Place the peppers on the baking sheet and char in the oven on each side for 4-5 minutes until blackened. (Keep a close eye on them so they don’t burn!)
- Remove the peppers from the oven and transfer to a bowl, covering with a plate or cling wrap and let steam for 5 minutes.
- Using your hands, peel and remove the skins from the peppers. Discard the skins. The cut the peppers removing the stem and the seeds.
- Add the peppers, garlic, tomato paste, almond milk , coconut sugar, salt, and pepper to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Cook your pasta according to package directions, then toss the pasta in a pan with the sauce until warm.
- Serve with some fresh herbs and chilli flakes.
Keep a close eye on your peppers! You don’t want them to burn, but you do want the skin to become black and bubbling.
You can roast the peppers on a grill if you prefer.
The roasted red pepper sauce stores well in the freezer
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 170
- Sugar: 5g
- Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 8g
Keywords: vegan pasta recipe, pasta with roasted red peppers
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I know, trust and love!