This creamy vegan roasted red pepper pasta is the answer to your healthy comfort food dreams! Cozy up with a bowl of this warming dish.
This past week every morning I woke up it’s been almost pitch black outside. And let’s just clarify something here, it’s not like I wake up super early either. (usually, around 7:30 am) This is the time of year I like to refer to as the “pre-daylight savings phase.”
The couple weeks before we change the clocks, where it feels like night time when you wake up. Ahhh yes, nothing like waking up in the morning thinking it’s the middle of the night and just wanting to go back to sleep!
Luckily, there are only a few more days left of this until we get a bit more light in the morning…though then it’ll start getting dark out around 4 pm. The trade-off!
That being said, for me, this also marks the season of warming and cozy dishes. I’m talking recipes like roasted sweet potato curry, and Thai coconut soup. yummm. With darkness upon us (I know, I’m being a bit dramatic) we all need some warm and cozy foods in our lives, like this creamy vegan roasted red pepper pasta.
This pasta dish is one of those meals that you just want to curl up with a giant bowl of and dig in while wearing some cozy socks and a blanket thrown over you like a sweater. mmmm. doesn’t that sound kind of nice?
I took my weekly trip to the farmer’s market last week and got a bit overwhelmed with sadness when I walked in and most of the stalls were closed, and vendors packed up and gone. I could feel the change in the air.
The market is filled with such special memories for me. It always reminds me of summers with loved ones, days filled with happiness, creativity, and LOTS of delicious food to eat! So I get a bit sentimental whenever I go.
This creamy vegan roasted red pepper pasta is surprisingly easy to make and goes well with any pasta you love. I made mine with some gluten-free ancient grains penne and topped it off with some fresh herbs and crushed red chilli flakes!Print
A warm and delicious gluten-free pasta dish that will surely become your new favourite comfort food!
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cut the peppers in half and remove the core & seeds of the peppers.
- Place face down on the baking sheet and rub with a little olive oil.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes on the top rack of the oven until charred on top. (They should have some black spots)
- Remove the peppers from the oven and transfer to a bowl, covering with a plate or aluminum foil.
- Let steam for 5 minutes.
- Next using your hands, peel and remove the skins from the peppers. Discard the skins.
- Add the peppers, garlic, tomato paste, almond milk, red wine, coconut sugar, salt, and pepper to a high-speed blender.
- Pulse until smooth.
- Cook your pasta according to package directions.
- Mix the sauce into the pasta and serve!
Add your favourite herbs into the blender (like as basil or thyme!)
Sautee some vegetables (like broccoli, green beans, or spinach) in a pan and add to the pasta to get an extra serving of veggies!
Keywords: vegan pasta recipes, gluten-free pasta recipes
Tips & suggestions:
- Add your favourite herbs into the blender (like as basil or thyme!)
- Sautee some vegetables (like broccoli, green beans, or spinach) in a pan and add to the pasta to get an extra serving of veggies!
- Fancy more vegan pasta? Try this creamy spaghetti with leeks, peas, and asparagus!
This post contains affiliate links. I only recommend products I know, trust and love!