Learn how to make pasta with a homemade roasted red pepper sauce!
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set the oven to broil or to 525 degrees F.
- Place the peppers on the baking sheet and char in the oven on each side for 4-5 minutes until blackened. (Keep a close eye on them so they don’t burn!)
- Remove the peppers from the oven and transfer to a bowl, covering with a plate or cling wrap and let steam for 5 minutes.
- Using your hands, peel and remove the skins from the peppers. Discard the skins. The cut the peppers removing the stem and the seeds.
- Add the peppers, garlic, tomato paste, almond milk , coconut sugar, salt, and pepper to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Cook your pasta according to package directions, then toss the pasta in a pan with the sauce until warm.
- Serve with some fresh herbs and chilli flakes.
Keep a close eye on your peppers! You don’t want them to burn, but you do want the skin to become black and bubbling.
You can roast the peppers on a grill if you prefer.
The roasted red pepper sauce stores well in the freezer
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 170
- Sugar: 5g
- Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 8g
Keywords: vegan pasta recipe, pasta with roasted red peppers