Creamy avocado pasta
This Creamy Avocado Pasta is super easy to make. It’s perfect a simple dinner that comes together in less than 30 minutes!
A simple healthy pasta recipe
Where my avocado lovers at?
This one is for you. Creamy avocado pasta. As in pasta topped off with a creamy avocado sauce. As in HEAVEN.
This pasta makes the perfect weeknight, date night or weekend dinner when you’re feeling lazy to cook and want something that comes together in under 30 minutes but feels a little fancy.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- The sauce is made with a base of avocado, which is rich and creamy, without adding any actual butter or cream.
- This recipe is naturally vegan and can be made gluten-free by using gluten-free pasta.
- This recipe takes a total of 20 minutes to throw together.
How to make avocado pasta
Avocado pasta is easy to make and is ALLLL about the sauce. To make the avocado pasta sauce you’ll need a small blender or food processor to combine everything together. I use a magic bullet but anything you have will do!
- Cook the pasta according to package directions
- Make the avocado sauce by blending the sauce ingredients together in a food processor, blender or magic bullet.
- Toss the pasta and the sauce together and serve.
Benefits of avocado
Using avocado in a pasta sauce may seem a little unconventional, but it offers a ton of amazing benefits!
For starters, avocado is naturally super creamy and loaded with healthy fats, which gives the sauce that rich and creamy texture. It also makes avocado the perfect ingredient for a vegan pasta dish.
Avocado is also highly nutritious and is loaded with vitamin K, folate and vitamin C. Not to mention it’s filled with fibre and heart-healthy fats!
Tips for making this recipe perfectly
- Don’t forget to salt your pasta water. This will make sure the pasta comes out nice and tasty and will make this dish even better.
- The avocados you use in this recipe should be slightly soft to the touch, not hard and not mushy.
- This avocado pasta can be made with any type of pasta you like. I use tagliatelle, but any shape will do. You can also opt for whole-grain pasta, chickpea pasta, or gluten-free pasta if that’s your preference!
- The sauce for this recipe is sort of like a pesto with basil leaves. If you don’t love basil, you can substitute this with an assortment of your favourite herbs like parsley or cilantro.
Will avocado pasta sauce turn brown?
The lemon in this recipe helps to keep the avocado from browning and the basil blended up in the sauce helps to keep it nice and green. You can coat the pasta with an extra squeeze of lemon juice and make sure to cover it tightly before storing it in the fridge to prevent any browning.
Though I’d recommend enjoying this recipe the same day you make it. (It tastes way better fresh and is not the best dish for leftovers.)
More pasta recipes to tryPrint
A pasta for avocado lovers! This pasta is super creamy, delicious and loaded with avocado!
- 2 servings pasta of choice
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1–2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup (packed) fresh basil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp cashew milk (can sub any plant-based milk)
- salt & pepper to taste
- pinch of cayenne
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- To make the avocado sauce, peel the avocado then add to a food processor or small blender with the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth. If the sauce is too thick, add a bit more cashew milk.
- Gently toss the pasta in a pan with the avocado sauce and serve.
Don’t forget to salt your pasta water! This will lead to a tastier pasta.
Use an avocado that is slightly soft to the touch for this recipe.
If you don’t love basil, you can use an assortement of any herbs you love in this dish!
This recipe is best enjoyed right away after cooking.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 459
- Sugar: 2g
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 48g
- Fiber: 14g
- Protein: 10g
Keywords: avocado pasta sauce, vegan pasta, healthy pasta
If you tried this Creamy Avocado Pasta or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!