Got 15 minutes? That’s all you need to make this quick & easy pesto pasta salad made with simple healthy ingredients that everyone will love!
This pesto pasta salad is one of those “back pocket” recipes that is great to have on hand when you need a meal to be ready QUICKLY.
A cold pesto pasta salad recipe
This 5 ingredient pesto pasta salad is a cold pasta salad, but it *can* be enjoyed both hot and cold. (I’ve eaten it both ways, and let me tell you they are both DELISH.)
For the purpose of this recipe though, this dish is going to be served cold. I do find that this cold pesto pasta salad is best when it has 10 minutes to come down to room temperature before serving. (if you’re keeping it in the fridge beforehand.
How to make pesto pasta salad
This is one of those no-fuss super simple 15 minute and 5 ingredient sort of recipes. To make this pesto pasta salad you’ll need:
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Pine nuts
Cook up the pasta according to package directions and then drain and toss with the rest of the ingredients. Pop it in the fridge to cool or serve it as is and you’ve got a simply delicious lunch or dinner ready to go!
Tips for making this pesto pasta salad
- This pesto pasta salad recipe is made with store-bought pesto to make it even faster and easier. (Though you can make homemade pesto too if you prefer!)
- I used gluten-free quinoa pasta for this recipe to make it a bit higher in protein. Though any pasta will work.
- While your pasta is cooking, prepare the other ingredients so that by the time the pasta is done everything else is ready to go!
- Rinse the pasta under cold water when it’s ready to bring it to room temperature so it’s not too hot.
Recipe adds ins to try:
Try adding in any of the following ingredients to this pesto pasta salad!
- Roasted zucchini
- bocconcini or Parmesan cheese (for vegetarian version)
- Fresh cherry tomatoes
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Grilled asparagus
Other pasta recipes to try
If you tried this 5 ingredient pesto pasta salad or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below!
A simple, easy and healthy pesto pasta salad recipe that everyone will love!
- 6 oz pasta of choice
- 1/2 cup pesto (store-bought or homemade)
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup of basil, chopped
- optional: salt & pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Once the pasta is cooked, toss together with the rest of the ingredients and place in the fridge to chill for 10 minutes before serving
Add in any additional ingredients you love like grilled zucchini, asparagus or red onion!
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 324
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 270mg
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 12g
Keywords: how to make pesto pasta salad, healthy pasta salad, vegan pasta salad
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through one of these links. I only recommend products I know, trust and love!