This One Pot Vegan Pasta comes together in under 30 minutes for an easy and delicious dinner!
- 8 oz linguine (use gluten-free if needed)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced (can sub 1/2 med onion)
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- olive oil and vegan parmesan cheese to top (optional)
- In a large pot or pan, add all the ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 9-11 minutes on medium heat, using tongs to toss around the pasta every minute or so until the liquid is almost all evaporated.
- Taste the noodles to make sure they’re cooked to your liking. If they feel a bit too al dente, add a little more water and continue to cook.
- Remove the pasta from heat and serve with a drizzle of olive oil and some cheese.
- Use a long shaped pasta like linguine or spaghetti that cook in 8-10 minutes for best results. A pasta that is thicker like rigatoni may take more time and need more liquid to cook. If using a thicker pasta that needs more time, just continue to add more broth until the pasta is al dente.
- Make sure to use a pot large enough to fit the pasta. A large pan with high edges works well too.
- Check how salty the broth is. Some brands of vegetable broth can be a lot saltier than others. So if you find your broth too salty, you can dilute it with some water. If you find your broth isn’t salty enough, add some salt to the pasta while it cooks.
- Use tongs to toss the pasta around often to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 350
- Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 50g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 10g
Keywords: vegan one pot pasta, one pot pasta vegan, vegetarian one pot pasta, one pot pasta with tomatoes