Creamy Whipped Feta Dip
Looking for an impressive and delicious dip that only takes 5 minutes to make? This Creamy Whipped Feta Dip will be your new favourite! Serve it up with your favourite chips, crackers or pita.
Why you’ll love this Whipped Feta Dip
When I think of feta, I usually think of a crumbly cheese that is a great addition to salads and pastas. But today we’re using feta in a little bit of a different way-to create a light, fluffy and creamy dip!
Feta cheese is naturally very salty and creamy on its own, and it creates the most luscious dip that’s a winner to serve to guests when you need to make something quick. Seriously, this is one of those dips that will have people saying “omg this is amazing! What’s in it?” and you’ll laugh to yourself knowing how quick and easy it was to make 😉
Whipped Feta Recipe Ingredients
- Double creamed Feta– If you can get your hands on it, I 100% recommend getting double creamed feta. You can find this at most middle-eastern grocery stores, or cheese stores.
- Greek yogurt-I use and recommend 5% greek yogurt for richness and creaminess
- Olive oil-Any good quality olive oil. This helps cream everything together and makes the dip nice and smooth
- Lemon juice-Just a touch of fresh lemon juice for some acidity
- Garlic-fresh garlic, not powdered or dried. If you prefer a garlic-free dip, you can leave this out.
- Salt & pepper-to taste. Some brands of feta can be saltier than others, so you may not need too much salt.
How to make whipped feta dip
This recipe is easy peasy to make! Add everything to a food processor and mix until combined. If you prefer a chunkier feta dip, you can just pulse it a few times. If you prefer a smooth and creamy dip, continue to mix.
Transfer the dip to a bowl and optionally top with a drizzle of olive oil and some parsley. Serve it with pita chips, fresh pita, crackers chips, cut-up vegetables or whatever you like! You can even serve this dip a spread on toast.
Expert Tips for This Feta Dip Recipe
- Use double-creamed feta for this recipe. This type of feta is much creamier than the pre-packaged feta you find at the grocery store. You can find this type of feta cheese at most cheese store or middle eastern grocery stores.
- If you prefer a more textured dip, don’t process it as much. If you prefer a smooth dip, keep blending until smooth and creamy.
- If your dip feels a bit thin after processing, place it in the fridge to set for an hour. The food processor can heat up the ingredients while mixing and cause it to thin out a bit. After refrigerating, the dip will thicken up again.
- Add any additional seasoning you like to this dip! Try adding in some chopped chives, spices, lemon zest or whatever you like!
Whipped Feta Dip Recipe Storage Tips
Store any leftovers of this dip in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. This dip does not freeze well so I don’t recommend freezing it.
Can you freeze whipped feta cheese?
Can you freeze whipped feta cheese?
What tastes good with whipped feta cheese?
There are so many things that you can enjoy with this whipped feta cheese dip! Here are some great options:
- Pita chips
- Potato chips
- Raw vegetables
Whipped Feta FAQ
Yes! Feta and garlic are like a match made in heaven and go great together
More dips to try
If you tried this Creamy Whipped Feta Dip or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
This Creamy Whipped Feta dip is made with 7 simple ingredients and comes together in just 5 minutes!
- 250 grams double creamed feta
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- salt & pepper to taste*
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and blend together, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed until combined.
- Place the dip in the fridge to set for an hour (it will thicken after refrigerating)
- Serve with your favourite crackers or pita chips
Feta is generally very salty on it’s own, so try the dip first without salt, and then add as needed.
- Serving Size: 1 tbsp
- Calories: 60
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: how to make whipped feta, feta dip