Quinoa Power Bowl with Green Goddess Dressing
This Quinoa Power Bowl with Green Goddess Dressing is loaded with vegetarian protein and topped off with a healthy homemade dressing. This bowl is like a quinoa salad that is designed to keep you feeling full and energized throughout the day!
What is a power bowl?
A power bowl (similar to a buddha bowl) is a quick and easy meal that can be enjoyed for lunch or dinner that has a focus on wholesome ingredients and protein-rich foods to keep you feeling full and energized.
This Quinoa Power Bowl is loaded with ingredients like quinoa, chickpeas, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, feta cheese and avocado to help keep you feeling fueled with healthy fats, protein and carbs.
This recipe is versatile and can be adjusted to add any other ingredients you love or have on hand!
Ingredients you’ll need for this recipe
- Quinoa: This is the bases of the bowl. Quinoa is filled with protein, carbs and fibre to keep you feeling full!
- Avocado: Seriously, what’s a bowl without avocado?
- Kale: For a serving of green veggies. You can use any greens you like
- Corn: For some added colour, sweetness and carbs.
- Chickpeas: A great source of plant-based protein and fibre.
- Red peppers: For some crunch and flavour.
- Green onion: For flavour.
- Feta cheese: Another protein source in this salad. Omit for dairy-free.
- Pumpkin seeds: Can you any nuts or seeds
- Sesame seeds: Can use any nuts or seeds
- Fresh herbs: Basil and cilantro are used in this bowl, but any herbs you love will do!
How to make this recipe
Cook the quinoa according to package directions, then prep all the vegetables and ingredients. (cut, crumble, slice…etc.)
Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Add more or less of any ingredients you like!
Top it off with homemade green goddess dressing and mix it all together.
Tips for making this recipe perfectly
- When cooking the quinoa, I recommend using 1 cup of quinoa to 1 3/4 cups water so the quinoa doesn’t become mushy.
- Use toasted seeds in this recipe, they will give much more flavour than raw seeds.
- If you make this recipe for food prep, leave the dressing separate so the salad doesn’t become soggy. Dress only right before serving.
- Add in any other vegetables, grains or protein sources you love if desired.
More healthy bowls to try
If you tried this Quinoa Power Bowl or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
This Quinoa Power bowl is perfect for a healhy vegetarian lunch!
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked (about 1 cup uncooked)
- 1 avocado, cut into cubes
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1/2 cup corn
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup cubed feta cheese
- 2 tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- handful of fresh basil & cilantro. (or any herbs you love.)
- 2–3 tbsp homemade green goddess dressing
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Make the green goddess dressing and pour 2-3 tbsp over the bowl, mixing everything togetehr until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe makes two bowls.
so the quinoa doesn’t become mushy.
Use toasted seeds in this recipe, they will give much more flavour than raw seeds.
If you make this recipe for food prep, leave the dressing separate so the salad doesn’t become soggy. Dress only right before serving.
Add in any other vegetables, grains or protein sources you love if desired.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 350
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 10g
- Protein: 15g
Keywords: quinoa salad, healthy quinoa bowl, vegetarian power bowl