Many of us have heard of buddha bowls before. For those who haven’t, it’s basically just a bowl of whole grains, raw veggies, roasted veggies, various greens, and other nutritious toppings.
It’s a wonderful vegan option that will keep you full and satisfied. (You’ll also get in your veggie goals for the day!)
This recipe goes one step further than a buddha bowl, with a special sauce…dragon sauce!
There’s a restaurant here in Montreal called Aux Vivres that serves up a hearty bowl with this sauce called “a dragon bowl”. This is my version of their dragon bowl, with my own twist of course!
I’m going to share the secret with you on how they get the sauce so creamy and nutty…nutritional yeast! this makes the base of the sauce.
Not only does it taste amazing, it’s also loaded with tons of nutrients and B vitamins (you’ll be getting 100% of your daily vitamin B12 after eating this bowl! woohoo!)
Alright, let’s get to these dragon bowls!Print
- 1/2 brick of tofu, sliced
- 1 tbsp avocado oil, or any other high heating oil
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1/2 cup cabbage
- 1 beet
- 1 large carrot
- alfalfa sprouts
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Heat a pan with your olive oil. Cut tofu into strips and place them in the pan, on medium heat. Let eat side cook for about 4-5 minutes, or until golden brown on each side. then remove from heat.
- Shred your cabbage, grate the carrots, and spriralize or grate your beets. set aside.
- To make your sauce, mix all ingredients in a bowl or a salad dressing bottle and stir or shake until combined.
- To assemble your bowl, spoon some quinoa onto the bottom of your bowl. Place your cabbage, beets, carrots, and alfalfa sprouts, avocado, and tofu in little piles on top. Finish it of with dragon sauce, and enjoy!
Tips & suggestions:
- Add in any of your favorite veggies to this bowl
- Make a batch of dragon sauce and store it in your fridge to put on all your bowls and salads!
- Try making these vegan poke bowls!