Nourishing Buddha Bowl with Maple Roasted Chickpeas
This nourishing Buddha bowl with maple roasted chickpeas makes the perfect wholesome plant-based meal. Loaded with chickpeas, avocado, and sweet potato, you’ll love this bowl!
*This is an old recipe from the blog that has been updated to make it even better!
f there’s anything that’s my quick go-to dinner, it’s a Buddha bowl.
I usually create them by just finding whatever I have lying around in my fridge and tossing it all together in a big bowl…which is exactly how this recipe came to be!
This nourishing Buddha bowl with maple roasted chickpeas came together for a quick and easy dinner, with ingredients I had on hand.
Pro tip: keep some canned goods like chickpeas and beans lying around. You’ll thank yourself when your looking for a nourishing protein source when your low on groceries.
What is a buddha bowl?
A buddha bowl is generally a vegetarian dish that features a variety of whole foods ingredients. Simply put it’s kind of like a salad arranged all pretty in a bowl with a variety of vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nut, seeds and some sort of protein source.
Buddha bowls are generally served with some sort of dressing to top them off. (In this case we’re using my favorite ever tahini dressing.)
You can eat a buddha bowl enjoying all the components separately, or you can mix it all up together like a big salad!
How to make a buddha bowl
For this buddha bowl recipe you’ll need:
- Sweet potato
- Purple cabbage
To make your Buddha bowl you’ll start by adding quinoa to the bottom, and make an extra little quinoa pile on the side. Then you’ll add little piles of your sweet potato, cabbage, kale, chickpeas and finally add the avocado in the centre.
A few notes on this buddha bowl recipe
This nourishing buddha bowl with maple roasted chickpeas makes for the perfect healthy vegan meal. It’s loaded with whole grains, vegetables, and crispy chickpeas for some added protein.
This is a great go-to recipe for anyone looking to incorporate some more vegetarian/vegan meal options into their lives.
These buddha bowls are also amazing for food prep. Prepare all the recipes on Sunday and store all the ingredients in Tupperware in your fridge, or assemble little “bowls” in your Tupperware to take with you on the go for the week!
More bowl recipes to tryPrint
The best damn buddha bowl recipe there is.
Maple roasted chickpeas
- 1 can chickpeas (14oz)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into small cubes
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup kale, shredded
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2–4 tbsp water (*depending on how runny your tahini is you may need more or less water to thin our the sauce)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line 2 baking pans with parchment paper.
- Pat your chickpeas with a paper towel until they’re mostly dry then toss them with the olive oil, salt, cinnamon, maple syrup and cayenne pepper. Place on a baking pan and bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a separate pan and bake for 20-30 minutes until tender. (You can cook the sweet potatoes and chickpeas at the same time.)
- To prepare the dressing, blend everything together until smooth.
- To assemble your bowl, place quinoa on the bottom, and top with shredded cabbage, kale, quinoa, sliced avocado, sweet potato, and chickpeas. Top with the tahini dressing
Mix it up! Add any veggies you have on hand to use up your leftovers Prep these bowls into Tupperware for a perfect healthy lunch on the go!
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 480
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 43mg
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 50g
- Fiber: 12g
- Protein: 15g
Keywords: buddha bowl recipe, power bowl recipe, quinoa bowl recipe
If you tried this Nourishing Buddha Bowl with Maple Roasted Chickpeas or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!