Whenever I’m in a mood where I can’t figure out what to eat, I always end up leaning towards Asian cuisine. I find it’s something I can always whip up in a short amount of time, with little preparation, and usually, with ingredients, I already have lying around in my fridge. (getting rid of leftover? yes please!)
These banh mi bowls with sticky tofu are a great and easy dish you can have ready to go in 15 minutes. These bowls are a take-off of the traditional Vietnamese banh mi sandwich, which are filled with a protein, sliced cucumbers, carrots, cilantro, and pickled veggies.
These banh mi bowls feature rice noodles instead of bread, and are loaded with extra veggie toppings for a healthier kick! They’re also completely vegan and gluten-free! You can feel free to get creative and use different veggie toppings you have available in your fridge.Print
- 1 pack tofu
- 2 tbsp avocado oil (or other high heating oil)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (regular or gluten-free)
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce (regular or gluten-free)
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 1/2 pack rice noodles
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced or shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage, or picked red cabbage
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- sesame seeds for topping
- Lets start by preparing our sticky tofu.
- Chop the tofu into cubes, and place in a hot pan with the oil on medium-high heat.
- Allow to brown, approximately 3-5 minutes, and then flip the cubes to brown on each side.
- Once each side is golden brown and crispy, turn off the heat, and toss the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and Sriracha.
- Cook the rice noodles according the package directions.
- Plate your bowl with the noodles on the bottom, and top tofu, lettuce, carrots, cucumber, red cabbage, cilantro, avocado, and sesame seeds.
- Top with extra soy sauce and hoisin sauce.
Need more bowls in your life? I’ve got you covered! Here are 6 more amazing buddha bowl recipes!
This post contains affiliate links. I only recommend products I know, trust and love!