Enjoy all the flavours in a Banh mi sandwich in a bowl! Vegan & gluten-free!
- 1 pack tofu
- 2 tbsp avocado oil (or other high heating oil)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (regular or gluten-free)
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce (regular or gluten-free)
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 1/2 pack rice noodles
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced or shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage, or picked red cabbage
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- sesame seeds for topping
- Lets start by preparing our sticky tofu.
- Chop the tofu into cubes, and place in a hot pan with the oil on medium-high heat.
- Allow to brown, approximately 3-5 minutes, and then flip the cubes to brown on each side.
- Once each side is golden brown and crispy, turn off the heat, and toss the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and Sriracha.
- Cook the rice noodles according the package directions.
- Plate your bowl with the noodles on the bottom, and top tofu, lettuce, carrots, cucumber, red cabbage, cilantro, avocado, and sesame seeds.
- Top with extra soy sauce and hoisin sauce.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 371
- Sugar: 9g
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 10g
- Protein: 8g
Keywords: healthy vietnamese food, banh mi bowl recipe, vegan bahn mi, vegan vietnamese recipe