These vegan poke bowls make a healthy and filling dinner. Try them for your next “meatless Monday!”
Every restaurant I go to these day seems to have a poke bowl on the menu. In fact, I’ve even been to a couple restaurants that are entirely dedicated to poke bowls!
Poke bowls are a great healthy option for lunch or dinner. Traditionally, they’re made with chopped up sashimi, but this vegan version is made with tofu, cubed up, pan fried and tossed in a delicious sesame sauce.
The great thing about this vegan poke bowl is that you can swap out any ingredients for your favorites. Not a fan of rice noodles? Feel free to use plain rice. Want to add in some broccoli? Go for it!
Poke bowls can be made with a wide variety of toppings, so have fun with these bowls!
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (gluten-free if needed)
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce (gluten-free if needed)
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1/2 pack brown rice noodles (approx 8 oz)
- 1 block tofu
- 2 tbsp avocado oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 cup shelled edamame, (boiled or steamed)
- 1 radish, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, shredded or peeled in ribbons
- 1/4 cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup pickled red cabbage*
- Rainbow toasted sesame seeds
- Start by mixing the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside
- Remove your tofu from the package and drain any water. Pat dry with paper towel, and cut into small cubes.
- Heat avocado oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat add the tofu, cooking for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Once the tofu is cooked, turn off the heat and add half the amount of sauce, tossing to coat the tofu. Set aside.
- Cook rice noodles according to package directions.
- To assemble the bowls, place rice noodles on the bottom, and top with tofu, edamame, radish, carrot, cucumber, pickled red cabbage and toasted sesame.
- Use remaining sauce as needed to top your bowl.
Tips & suggestions:
- Use rice instead of noodles if you prefer
- Toss this bowl together in a large pan to make it into a stir-fry!
- If you love this dish you’ll also love these 15-minute sesame ginger noodles!