A simple Vegan Poke Bowl that’s light, fresh and packed with flavour!
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 pack extra firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 cup sushi rice, cooked according to package directions
- 1 green apple, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup cucumber, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup edamame, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup sprouts of choice (I like radish sprouts)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Cook the tofu: Heat the oil in a non-stick pan on medium-high heat then add the tofu and let cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until crispy. Remove from heat and toss with 1 tsp soy sauce.
- Prepare the sauce: Mix all the sauce ingredients together. Taste and adjust if needed (I like mine spicy!)
- Put it together: Place the rice at the bottom of your bowl and make little piles with all your toppings. Pour sauce on top of your bowl and mix it all up together. (That’s the fun part!)
Make sure to use sushi rice for these bowls! Other types of rice will work, but sushi rice goes the best in a poke bowl.
Give your tofu enough time to cook on each side so it becomes nice and crispy.
Taste your sauce before putting it on your bowl and adjust to your taste if needed. I like my sauce spicy so I usually add more sriracha.
Use gluten-free certified soy sauce if needed.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 460
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 500mg
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 57g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 11.5g
Keywords: vegan poke bowl, tofu poke bowl