These brownies require no baking and are healthy, refined sugar-free and absolutely delicious!
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a food processor, blend walnuts, dates, cocoa powder and salt together until it comes together in a thick dough. (Should blend about 2-3 minutes)
- Using your hands, press the brownie layer into your pan until it is smooth and flat on top. Place the pan in the fridge.
- In a food processor, combine the coconut, agave, coconut milk and coconut oil together. Remove your pan from the fridge and press your coconut layer on top of the brownie layer, using your hands or a spatula. Place the pan back in the fridge.
- Place your dark chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on low heat until chocolate is melted. *Make sure you check your chocolate every 30 seconds and give it a stir so it does not burn.
- Once chocolate is fully melted, remove your pan from the fridge and pour your chocolate layer on top. Place back in the fridge to set, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and slice into squares.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Use Medjool dates rather than regular dates for the brownie base. These dates are stickier, larger and sweeter!
If your dates are dry, soak them in hot water for 5 minutes, drain and then proceed with the recipe.
Make sure to use unsweetened shredded coconut for this recipe.
Store these bars in an air-tight container in the fridge or the freezer
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 350
- Sugar: 19g
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: no bake brownies, raw brownies