These Apple Pie Parfaits and loaded with stewed cinnamon apples, maple pecan crumble and yogurt for a delicious light dessert that you’ll love!
- 4 apples, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Maple Pecan Crumble
- 1/2 cup oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp chopped pecans
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1–2 cups yogurt of choice (greek, dairy-free, coconut…etc.)
- Cook the apples: add the chopped apples, cinnamon and water to a small pot on medium heat. Cover and let the apples cook down, about 10 minutes, stirring every couple minutes until the apples are tender. Let cool.
- Make the crumble: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F . Mix all the crumble ingredients together in a bowl, then evenly spread onto a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake for 10-15 minutes, mixing halfway through to prevent the edges from burning. Let cool.
- Assemble the parfaits: Layer the crumble, apples and yogurt into small cups and serve.
If the apples start sticking to the pot a bit, add a couple more tablespoons of water to the pot and stir together.
Make sure to mix and crumble halfway through cooking to prevent the edges of the crumble mixture from burning.
When assembling the parfaits, you can use as much or as little of each ingredient you like. This is really a personal preference.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 320
- Sugar: 28g
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 11g
Keywords: apple parfaits, healthy apple dessert