Apple Pie Parfaits
These Apple Pie Parfaits are loaded with stewed cinnamon apples, maple pecan crumble and yogurt for a delicious light dessert that you’ll love!
A healthy and easy apple dessert
Stewed apples are one of the easiest and tastiest things you can make during the Fall season. They’re amazing on their own, on top of chia pudding or to use in parfaits!
These Apple Parfaits are made by layering yogurt, stewed apples and a quick homemade maple pecan crumble. (made with oats and almond flour)
These parfaits are healthy, can be made gluten-free, dairy-free or vegan and are perfect for breakfast, a snack or dessert!
Ingredients you’ll need
- Apples: Any type you like, I use McIntosh for a softer texture
- Cinnamon: to flavour the apples
- Oats: the base of the crumble
- Almond flour: to mix with the crumble
- Pecans: for the crumble
- Salt: just a pinch to balance out the flavour in the crumble
- Coconut oil: to coat the crumble mixture and make it crispy
- Maple syrup: to sweeten the crumble
- Yogurt: any kind you like
How to prepare Apple Parfaits
The stewed apples and crumble will take a similar amount of time to cook, so it’s best to get the apples up on the stove and while they cook, prepare the crumble and then pop it into the oven.
Once the apples and crumble are prepared, let them cool completely before assembling the parfaits in layers of crumble, apple and yogurt.
What yogurt is best to use?
This recipe can be made with any type of yogurt (regular, dairy-free, vegan…etc.)
I personally like a thicker yogurt and recommend a natural yogurt without any added sugar. You can also replace the yogurt in this recipe with any type of whipped topping or ice cream.
Tips for making this recipe perfectly
- If the apples start sticking to the pot a bit, add a couple more tablespoons of water to the pot and stir together.
- Make sure to mix and crumble halfway through cooking to prevent the edges of the crumble mixture from burning.
- When assembling the parfaits, you can use as much or as little of each ingredient you like. This is really a personal preference.
More apple recipes to try
If you tried these Apple Pie Parfaits or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
These Apple Pie Parfaits and loaded with stewed cinnamon apples, maple pecan crumble and yogurt for a delicious light dessert that you’ll love!
- 4 apples, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Maple Pecan Crumble
- 1/2 cup oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp chopped pecans
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1–2 cups yogurt of choice (greek, dairy-free, coconut…etc.)
- Cook the apples: add the chopped apples, cinnamon and water to a small pot on medium heat. Cover and let the apples cook down, about 10 minutes, stirring every couple minutes until the apples are tender. Let cool.
- Make the crumble: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F . Mix all the crumble ingredients together in a bowl, then evenly spread onto a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake for 10-15 minutes, mixing halfway through to prevent the edges from burning. Let cool.
- Assemble the parfaits: Layer the crumble, apples and yogurt into small cups and serve.
If the apples start sticking to the pot a bit, add a couple more tablespoons of water to the pot and stir together.
Make sure to mix and crumble halfway through cooking to prevent the edges of the crumble mixture from burning.
When assembling the parfaits, you can use as much or as little of each ingredient you like. This is really a personal preference.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 320
- Sugar: 28g
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 11g
Keywords: apple parfaits, healthy apple dessert