Cinnamon Roll Apple Bread
This cinnamon roll apple bread is bursting with apple flavour and finished off with a swirl of cinnamon roll filling! It’s easy to make and the perfect quick bread to enjoy for Fall with just the right amount of sweetness.
It’s riddle time.
What do you get when you cross an apple bread with a cinnamon roll? CINNAMON ROLL APPLE BREAD.
Yeah. you heard that right. We’re taking a good old regular apple bread and giving it some
Cinnamon rolls are one of my favourite guilty pleasures in life. And I’m not talking about some healthier version of homemade cinnamon rolls. Oh no. I’m talking about those
While I like to treat myself to the occasional cinnamon
Why you’ll love this recipe
- The perfect Fall bread. Seriously, this Cinnamon Roll Apple Bread has all the flavours you could possibly want in it for a cozy Fall day.
- No mixers needed. Just grab a couple of mixing bowls and you’re good to go!
- Freezer-friendly. This apple bread is freezer-friendly and can be stored in the freeezer for up to 2 months.
This Apple bread is
- Easy to make
- Perfect for Fall
- Can be made in a bowl
- Gluten-free option
- Refind sugar-free
Tips for making this recipe perfectly
- I like to use spelt flour in this recipe, which acts very similar to regular wheat flour. You can also use regular flour, half regular half whole wheat, or a gluten-free flour blend. (with xantham gum in it) You can also use half regular flour and half almond flour.
- If you’re looking to save a little bit of time, you can skip out on making your own apple sauce and just used a store-bought unsweetened apple sauce. I’ve tested the recipe with both, and they both work well. Though the homemade applesauce
variationis better 😉
- I use coconut sugar to make the cinnamon roll filling, but you can use brown sugar instead if you prefer. You can also sub the applesauce for oil or butter in the swirl which will make the bread a little more rich and decadent
How to store
Store any leftovers of this Cinnamon Roll Apple Bread covered on the countertop for up to 4 days or in the fridge for up to 7 days. This bread is freezer-friendly and can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 months. Just wrap it tightly with plastic wrap and place it into a freezer-safe bag.
More quick bread recipes to try
- Dark Chocolate Chip And Rye Banana Bread
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- Healthy Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
- Vegan Banana Bread
If you tried this Cinnamon Roll Apple Bread or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
This Cinnamon Roll Apple Bread is loaded with homemade applesauce and a cinnamon roll swirl. YUM!
- 4 apples
- 1 1/2 cups white Spelt flour (or regular flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup homemade applesauce (can sub unsweetened store-bought applesauce)
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil or melted butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Cinnamon sugar swirl:
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- To make the applesauce, peel, core and chop the apples into small cubes and place in a pot on medium heat.
- let cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8×4 inch loaf pan.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl and the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix just until combined. Set aside.
- To make the cinnamon sugar swirl, mix ingredients together until well combined.
- Pour half of the batter into the pan, then add half of the cinnamon swirl. Use a knife to swirl together.
- Then add the rest of the batter and cinnamon swirl until the pan is filled.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Let cool completely before serving.
Store leftovers covered on the counter for up to 5 days or in the fridge for up to 7 days.
If you want to save time, you can use store-bought apple sauce.
Don’t overmix the batter, this can lead to dense bread. Just mix gently until combined.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 214
- Sugar: 25g
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: apple bread recipe, healthy apple bread, cinnamon bread