Cinnamon roll apple bread
This cinnamon roll apple bread is bursting with apple flavour and finished off with a swirl of cinnamon roll filling!
It’s riddle time.
What do you get when you cross an apple bread with a cinnamon roll? CINNAMON ROLL APPLE BREAD.
Yeah. you heard that right. We’re taking a good old regular apple bread and giving it some
I honestly can’t believe it’s already November. Like whaaat? When did this happen? I’m still here coming up with September apple recipes meanwhile bam we’re in November!
Luckily apples (and applesauce) are one of the fruits that are readily available all Fall long. And if you’re celebrating American Thanksgiving coming up then this is perfect to serve up for a dessert or even a Thanksgiving brunch.
Cinnamon rolls are one of my favourite guilty pleasures in life. And I’m not talking about some healthier version homemade cinnamon rolls. Oh no. I’m talking about those
While I like to treat myself to the occasional cinnamon
A few notes on this recipe:
I like to use spelt flour in this recipe, which acts very similar to regular wheat flour. You can also use regular flour, half regular half whole wheat, or a gluten-free flour blend. (with xantham gum in it) You can also use half regular flour and half almond flour.
If you’re looking to save a little bit of time, you can skip out on making your own apple sauce and just used a store-bought unsweetened apple sauce. I’ve tested the recipe with both, and they both work well. Though the homemade applesauce
I use coconut sugar to make the cinnamon roll filling, but you can use brown sugar instead if you prefer. You can also sub the applesauce for oil or butter in the swirl which will make the bread a little more rich and decadent
This cinnamon roll apple bread is:
- Bursting with apple & cinnamon flavour
- Makes the perfect healthy breakfast, snack or dessert
- Makes your house smell soooo good when it’s baking!
This bread is loaded with homemade applesauce and a cinnamon roll swirl. YUM!
- 4 apples
- 1 1/2 cups white Spelt flour (or regular flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup homemade applesauce (can sub unsweetened store-bought applesauce)
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil or melted butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Cinnamon sugar swirl:
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- To make the applesauce, peel, core and chop the apples into small cubes and place in a pot on medium heat.
- let cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8×4 inch loaf pan.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl and the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix just until combined. Set aside.
- To make the cinnamon sugar swirl, mix ingredients together until well combined.
- Pour half of the batter into the pan, then add half of the cinnamon swirl. Use a knife to swirl together.
- Then add the rest of the batter and cinnamon swirl until the pan is filled.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Let cool completely before serving.
Do not place the pan too close to the top element in your oven or else the cinnamon swirl mixture will burn.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 214
- Sugar: 25g
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: apple bread recipe, healthy breakfast recipes, cinnamon roll bread