This Cinnamon Roll Apple Bread is loaded with homemade applesauce and a cinnamon roll swirl. YUM!
- 4 apples
- 1 1/2 cups white Spelt flour (or regular flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup homemade applesauce (can sub unsweetened store-bought applesauce)
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil or melted butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Cinnamon sugar swirl:
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- To make the applesauce, peel, core and chop the apples into small cubes and place in a pot on medium heat.
- let cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8×4 inch loaf pan.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl and the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix just until combined. Set aside.
- To make the cinnamon sugar swirl, mix ingredients together until well combined.
- Pour half of the batter into the pan, then add half of the cinnamon swirl. Use a knife to swirl together.
- Then add the rest of the batter and cinnamon swirl until the pan is filled.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Let cool completely before serving.
Store leftovers covered on the counter for up to 5 days or in the fridge for up to 7 days.
If you want to save time, you can use store-bought apple sauce.
Don’t overmix the batter, this can lead to dense bread. Just mix gently until combined.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 214
- Sugar: 25g
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: apple bread recipe, healthy apple bread, cinnamon bread