The best crispy oven baked fries
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- sea salt to taste(for when they come out of the oven)
- 1/4 tsp pepper
avocado dipping sauce
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup yogurt of choice (soy yogurt or greek yogurt work well)
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Peel the potatoes (or leave skins on) and chop into fries using a knife, or french fry cutter.
- Place in a large bowl of lukewarm water, and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the fries and thoroughly dry using paper towel, or a kitchen towel. Toss with 1/2 tsp salt and allow to sit for 5 minutes, then dry any water on the surface again with paper towel.
- Toss in a bowl with olive oil, and pepper until evenly coated.
- Line 2 baking pans with parchment paper. Place fries spread out on the baking pan so that none of them are touching. (This will make sure they all get really crispy!)
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, flipping the fries halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and add sea salt to taste if desired!
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 118
- Sugar: 2g
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: The best crispy oven baked fries, how to make oven baked fries