These are simply the best crispy oven baked fries! And guess what? They’re not loaded with a ton of oil. This recipe will get you healthy oven baked fries with guaranteed crispiness!
If you’ve been on Instagram recently, you’ve probably noticed a trend for “fri-yay” in the foodie realm. This day has become symbolic. Marking the end of the week, and celebrating with nothing other than delicious fries! Sounds like a pretty good way to kick start the weekend, doesn’t it? So I’ve decided to upload this recipe on a Monday to give you guys a few days to make sure your stocked up on potatoes for the end of the week.
Now don’t get me wrong, sometimes a big bag of greasy deep fried french fries are GREAT. But other times, I don’t want to be in a greasy-fried food coma passed out on the couch with Netflix on a loop in the background before my weekend even really begins.
I’ve been on a search for the perfect healthy fries recipe for a while. The problem I’ve had with most oven baked fries is that they are either filled with tons of oil to make them crispy, or they end up coming out of the oven kind of limp and soggy.
Well say goodbye to soggy oven-baked fries! I’ve got 3 techniques here for you to get you the best crispy oven baked fries EVER!
Here is the secret formula:
- Soak fries in a bowl of water for 15 minutes before baking
- Make sure fries are completely salted& dried before baking
- Evenly space out your fries on a baking sheet so none of them are touching
…And that’s about it! This is the key holder to your crispy french fry dreams!Print
The best crispy oven baked fries
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- sea salt to taste(for when they come out of the oven)
- 1/4 tsp pepper
avocado dipping sauce
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup yogurt of choice (soy yogurt or greek yogurt work well)
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Peel the potatoes (or leave skins on) and chop into fries using a knife, or french fry cutter.
- Place in a large bowl of lukewarm water, and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the fries and thoroughly dry using paper towel, or a kitchen towel. Toss with 1/2 tsp salt and allow to sit for 5 minutes, then dry any water on the surface again with paper towel.
- Toss in a bowl with olive oil, and pepper until evenly coated.
- Line 2 baking pans with parchment paper. Place fries spread out on the baking pan so that none of them are touching. (This will make sure they all get really crispy!)
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, flipping the fries halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and add sea salt to taste if desired!
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 118
- Sugar: 2g
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: The best crispy oven baked fries, how to make oven baked fries