These black bean and Quinoa burgers are loaded with flavour and can be enjoyed baked in the oven or on the grill!
- 2 cup black beans
- 1 cup quinoa (cooked)
- 1 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs (can sub ground oats)
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp bbq sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Your favourite buns & toppings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a pan with parchment paper.
- Mix all the burger ingredients together in a food processor until well combined
- Using your hand form the mixture into 4-5 patties, placing them onto the baking pan.
- Brush each patty with some olive oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Serve on a bun with your favourite burger condiments!
in the food processor. You don’t want them to be completely mushy, you want to still have some texture in them. Just give it a few pulses until the burgers come together.
Taste the burger mixture before baking and adjust seasoning if needed. Some brands of black beans may be saltier than others, so taste the mixture before cooking and adjust as you need.
Most veggie burgers are notorious for falling about on a grill top, but you could grill these on a bbq tray. You could also cook them in a frying pan, or just stick to the traditional recipe and bake these up in the oven!
I use gluten-free breadcrumbs in these burgers, but you can use any type of breadcrumbs you have on hand or even ground oats.
- Serving Size: 1/6th recipe
- Calories: 356
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 227g
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 60g
- Fiber: 13g
- Protein: 18g
Keywords: Veggie burger, vegan burger, black bean burger