Easy freezer-friendly veggie burritos loaded with flavour!
Cilantro lime rice
- 1/2 cup white rice (uncooked)
- 3 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp lime juice
Chipotle black beans
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 15oz can of black beans
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp chipotle in adobo
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 4 large tortillas (wheat or gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (regular or vegan)
- Start by cooking the rice according to the package directions. (*Add 1/2 tsp of salt to the water for extra flavour)
- Once the rice is cooked, add the cilantro and lime and mix together. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add the onions, garlic and peppers and sautée for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the black beans, chili powder, salt, and chipotles in adobo and salsa and mix together.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and let simmer together for 5 minutes.
- To assemble the burritos, place a big spoonful of rice, black beans mixture and cheese in the tortilla. Tuck in the side edges and fold the burrito.
- You can optionally grill your burrito for extra flavour!
Not sure how to roll the burrito? Refer to the images above in the blog post.
To freeze the burritos wrap each burrito individually in aluminum foil and then place it in a freezer bag. Freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost in the microwave or oven.
- Serving Size: 1 burrito
- Calories: 500
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 59g
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 15g
Keywords: vegetarian burrito, vegan burrito, veggie burrito, vegetable burrito