This Blueberry Baked Oatmeal is easy to make, packed with blueberries and perfect for a healthy breakfast or brunch! This recipe is made gluten-free (with gluten-free oats) and can easily be made vegan if needed.
- 2 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled (or butter for dairy version)
- 1 egg (can sub flax egg for vegan)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup plant-based milk
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup blueberries
- Sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8×8 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and coconut sugar together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the coconut oil, egg, vanilla extract and milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together, then mix in the coconut and blueberries.
- Top with sliced almonds and more blueberries then transfer to the baking dish and bake for 40-45 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Optionally serve drizzled with maple syrup.
It’s important to make sure the coconut oil or butter are cooled before mixing with the egg, otherwise, the egg can cook when mixed together!
for the best texture. You can use quick oats, but large flake oats work best in this recipe. Do not substitute steel-cut oats.
The mixture will look a bit liquidy, which is totally OK. As the oatmeal bakes it will absorb the liquid.
- Serving Size: 1/8th of the recipe
- Calories: 260
- Sugar: 9g
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 7.5g
Keywords: baked oatmeal recipe, baked oatmeal with blueberries, how to bake oatmeal