A healthy and delicious breakfast you can prepare ahead of time that tastes just like carrot cake. Yum!
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (can sub any plant-based milk)
- 1/4 cup yogurt of choice (I like coconut yogurt)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 1 tbsp chopped walnuts
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl or a large jar
- Place in the fridge overnight and enjoy for breakfast in the morning!
Use rolled oats for a chewier texture, or quick oats for a softer texture.
If you don’t like the taste of yogurt, you can use an extra 1/4 cup of almond milk.
Don’t use steel-cut oats for this recipe! It won’t turn out properly.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 235
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 23mg
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 9g
Keywords: vegan overnight oats, gluten-free overnight oats, carrot cake oats