These carrot cake overnight oats make for a healthy breakfast that you can prepare ahead of time and tastes just like a carrot cake!
What if I told you that you could eat carrot cake for breakfast?
Ok, well yes you can eat actual carrot cake, but in this cake I’m talking more specifically about carrot cake overnight oats. As in oatmeal that you can prepare ahead of time that’s loaded with carrots, yogurt, spices, walnuts and everything else you love in a traditional carrot cake recipe.
A healthy overnight oats recipe
So let’s talk a bit about overnight oats and what makes them so healthy. I for one have become totally obsessed and overnight oats are now a breakfast staple in my kitchen.
Besides the fact that you don’t have to cook them, (yay!) Here are some of the awesome health benefits of overnight oats:
- Source of whole-grains
- Loaded with Fibre
- High in protein (*especially if you use a protein-rich yogurt!)
- Filling to keep you fuelled for your morning!
These healthy overnight oats are also vegan (*make sure to use vegan yogurt) and gluten-free (*make sure to use certified gluten-free oats!)
How to make overnight oats
Overnight oats are as easy as throwing a bunch of ingredients in a jar and popping it in the fridge.
- Take all of your ingredients and add them to either a jar or bowl
- Cover the jar and shake to mix everything together, or stir with a spoon in your bowl.
- Place in the fridge overnight and the oats will be ready to eat in the morning!
Tips for making this recipe perfectly
- Use rolled oats for a chewier texture (my preference!) and quick oats for a softer texture.
- Do not use Steel-cut oats for this recipe or it won’t turn out well. If you’d like to make overnight steel-cut oats, use this method.
- Use any type of yogurt you love in this recipe. If you don’t like the tangy taste of yogurt, swap it out for more almond milk.
- Prepare this recipe in a large bowl, or directly into a jar.
Other carrot cake recipes to try
If you tried these carrot cake overnight oats or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
A healthy and delicious breakfast you can prepare ahead of time that tastes just like carrot cake. Yum!
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (can sub any plant-based milk)
- 1/4 cup yogurt of choice (I like coconut yogurt)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 1 tbsp chopped walnuts
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl or a large jar
- Place in the fridge overnight and enjoy for breakfast in the morning!
Use rolled oats for a chewier texture, or quick oats for a softer texture.
If you don’t like the taste of yogurt, you can use an extra 1/4 cup of almond milk.
Don’t use steel-cut oats for this recipe! It won’t turn out properly.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 235
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 23mg
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 9g
Keywords: vegan overnight oats, gluten-free overnight oats, carrot cake oats
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I know, trust and love!