A peanut butter chia granola that will be sure to satisfy your peanut-butter tooth! (I know I sure have one, what about you?) This peanut butter chia granola is healthy, gluten-free, and paleo!
Whether your looking for a granola to eat on its own, or to sprinkle on top your favorite yogurt or fruits, this granola is great for it all! I like to enjoy a small bowl of this granola as an afternoon snack, or on top of Greek yogurt with strawberries for a “peanut butter and jelly” yogurt parfait!
Lets talk about peanut butter for a minute. I’m a bit of a peanut butter fanatic, so I’m always looking for new recipes that will give me my daily dose of peanut butter! Peanut butter is filled with healthy monounsaturated fats, which has been shown to help reduce abdominal fat. It also provides potassium, magnesium, and fiber!
This granola is crispy and nutty. The nuts provide it with a lot of protein, while the oats provide with whole-grain, high fiber carbohydrates. This peanut butter chia granola has the perfect balance of carbs,fat, and protein to keep you feeling at your best!
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup brown rice crisp cereal
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, brown rice crisp cereal, peanuts, and chia seeds.
- In a separate bowl, melt the peanut butter and honey together, and then mix until combined. Mix in the vanilla.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients until incorporated.
- Pour granola onto a baking sheet with parchment paper, and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes, mixing the granola halfway through.