This apple pie granola is a healthy breakfast filled with oats, nuts and cinnamon spice. It then gets toasted up to perfection and filled with apple chips for a granola that tastes just like apple pie!
If there’s one ingredient that makes me think of September it’s definitely apples. While there is
Not to mention September is the time of year for apple picking! While I still haven’t gone yet this year, (still a tad early) apple picking is one of my favourite September activities to do. There’s just something so satisfying about heading out to a farm and being able to pick my own apples to enjoy. Plus I always like to sneak an apple or two to eat and keep me energized while I’m picking. (Gotta taste the fruits of my labour after all!)
Really though, if you’re a lover of apple pie, this granola is for you! My favourite way to enjoy this granola is served up on top of some coconut yogurt. (greek yogurt would be great too) The flavour combo is like having apple pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on it!
A few notes on this recipe
The base for this granola uses large flaked oats. I 100% recommend using
You can add in any type of nuts you love to this recipe. I like walnuts and pecans because they go SO well with that apple flavour, but if you like almonds or pumpkin seeds those would work well too! (You can even add in some raisins or chocolate chips at the end if you like.)
Make sure that you add the apple chips AFTER the granola comes out of the oven. (As well as any other dried fruit you may want to add) This is super important otherwise the chips will burn.
This apple pie granola is:
- Healthy snack for adults & kids
- Vegan and gluten-free (*just make sure to use gluten-free certified oats)
- Free of refined-sugars
- Tastes just like apple pie, YUM!
This granola can be stored in a jar in your pantry for weeks at a time and goes great paired with yogurts, on top of smoothie bowls or even on
This apple pie granola tastes just like an apple pie! It’s healthy and goes perfectly on top your favourite yogurt!
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the oats, walnuts, pecans, chia seeds, cinnamon and nutmeg together in a bowl.
- Mix the maple syrup and coconut oil together and pour into the dry mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Spread the granola evenly on the baking pan.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until the granola is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool, then mix in the chopped apple chips.
- Store in an airtight jar or container.
Add in any other mix-ins you like. Raisins, mini chocolate chips or shredded coconut are all great choices!
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 281
- Sugar: 13g
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: Healthy granola recipes, vegan apple recipes, vegan granola recipe
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I know, trust and love!