Yogurt and Granola Parfaits
These Yogurt and Granola Parfaits come together in just 15 minutes and can be enjoyed for breakfast, as a snack or for dessert! These parfaits are made with a quick homemade blueberry jam and fresh mangos!
What is a yogurt parfait?
A yogurt parfait is made by layering yogurt with a variety of other ingredients in a jar or a cup. These parfaits are made with layers of yogurt, granola, blueberry jam and fresh mangos.
A yogurt parfait is a great classic breakfast, but can also be enjoyed as a snack or a healthy dessert. For these parfaits, you can use any type of yogurt you want to suit your needs. If you’re dairy-free, you can use a dairy-free or plant-based yogurt in this recipe or make homemade coconut yogurt.
I do recommend sticking with natural yogurt (unsweetened and unflavored) to avoid added sugars. Since this recipe features a homemade blueberry jam and mangos, it doesn’t need the extra flavour and sugars in the yogurt.
Ingredients you’ll need
- Blueberries: fresh or frozen both works. I personally use and recommend wild blueberries if you can find them.
- Lemon Juice: to balance the sweetness of the blueberry jam
- Mango: cut into cubes for the parfaits
- Yogurt: any kind of plain yogurt you like! I like greek yogurt for its thickness or coconut yogurt for a dairy-free option.
- Granola: I use my homemade granola.
- Mint: to top
- Honey or Agave: just a small drizzle on top!
Parfait adds in and substitutions
These parfaits can be made with many different add-ins and substitutions. Here are some that I recommend:
- Any type of jam you love
- Raspberries or strawberries (for the quick berry jam)
- Peaches, berries, or any fruit you love for layering
- Dried figs, apricots, dates
- Nuts and seeds (pecans and walnuts are my favourites)
- Maple syrup
- Whole rolled oats
Tips for making this recipe perfectly
- Use a thicker yogurt for these parfaits if possible. (This can vary depending on the type of yogurt and brand.) For dairy yogurts, greek yogurt and skyr will be the thickest.
- Both fresh and frozen blueberries will work for the compote.
- Make ahead of time in jars if you want these for on-the-go. They will stay well in the fridge for a couple of days.
More parfaits to tryPrint
These Yogurt and Granola Parfaits come together in just 15 minutes for a healthy breakfast, snack or dessert!
Quick Blueberry Jam
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 cup yogurt of choice (greek, dairy-free…etc.)
- 1/2 cup granola (I use my homemade granola)
- fresh mint
- honey or agave
- Quick Blueberry Jam: Add the blueberries and lemon juice to a small saucepan on medium heat and let cook for 5-10 minutes until the liquid beings to evaporate and the blueberries start to thicken. Stir every minute or so to prevent burning. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Parfaits: Layer the granola, yogurt, blueberry jam and mangos in jars or cups until full. Top with a drizzle of honey or agave and some fresh mint.
This recipe makes two large servings (great for breakfast) or four smaller servings (good for a snack or a dessert.) Nutrition info is based on 2 servings.
(This can vary depending on the type of yogurt and brand.) For dairy yogurts, greek yogurt and skyr will be the thickest.
Both fresh and frozen blueberries will work for the compote.
Make ahead of time in jars if you want these for on-the-go. They will stay well in the fridge for a couple of days.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 280
- Sugar: 35g
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 50g
- Fiber: 10g
- Protein: 20g
Keywords: how to make a parfait, yogurt parfait, healthy parfait