These Vegan Banana Cream Pie Parfaits are made with delicious layers of vanilla pudding, coconut whipped cream, crushed graham crackers and sliced bananas for a creamy dessert that you’ll love! You’d never guess it has a healthy spin.
Say hello to your new favourite dessert! A parfait that is loaded with creamy layers, crunchy bits of graham crackers and sliced up bananas. Isn’t there something so fun about serving food parfait-style? Like these Peanut Butter and Jelly Chia Parfaits! I just love the layers.
These parfaits are easy to make, easy to assemble, naturally vegan and gluten-free, and make for a healthy dessert!
This is one of those recipes that is so fun to make (and also to eat) and can be enjoyed by kids and adults. Whether or not you follow a vegan or dairy-free diet, you’ll love these parfaits. They’re like having a deconstructed banana cream pie in a cup! (Also, if you’re truly in the banana cream pie mood, check out this Banana Cream Pie Chia Pudding.)
Why you’ll love this recipe
- These parfaits feature a homemade vegan vanilla pudding that is better than any store-bought pudding out there!
- The whipped coconut cream is light and fluffy and goes perfectly with the fresh bananas.
- They are individually portioned, so you get to have a parfait all to yourself!
How to make vegan banana cream pie parfaits
The “biggest” step to making this recipe is making the vegan vanilla pudding. This part will take about 10 minutes. The rest of the ingredients are pretty much ready to go as they are!
Here’s how to make the parfaits:
- Make the homemade vegan vanilla pudding
- Crush your graham crackers into crumbs
- Slice the bananas
- Layer it all together in a cup with coconut whipped cream (I use store-bought)
These parfaits are best enjoyed right away after assembling them, so the graham crackers don’t get soggy.
Tips for making this recipe perfectly
- Be patient while making the pudding. It will take about 10 minutes to come together, and it’s important you let the “caramel” form before adding the rest of the parfait ingredients.
- If your pudding forms some small clumps (if you leave it in the fridge too long to firm up), just add it to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- I use store-bought coconut whipped cream in this recipe to save time, and it’s much easier than making your own! If you’d like to make your own, you can follow the directions in this recipe.
- You can use either graham crackers or your favourite vanilla wafer for the cookie crumbles in this recipe.
Other banana recipes to try
If you tried these Vegan Banana Cream Pie Parfaits or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
A homemade banana cream pie parfait that is healthy, vegan and gluten-free! Vanilla pudding adapted from Amy Le Creations.
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk (from a can)
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour (can sub cornstarch)
- 1 cup plant-based milk (I like cashew milk)
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 8 gluten-free graham crackers, crushed
- 2 cups coconut whipped cream (Store bought or homemade.)
- Add the coconut milk, coconut sugar, vanilla extract and salt to a small pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-high, stiring every minute for about 10 minutes until the mixture thickens into a dark coloured caramel. (You’ll know it’s ready when it’s dark, theres less liquid and it looks like you’re left with caramel.)
- Mix the tapioca flour and plant-based milk together and add to the pot on medium heat.
- Mix togehter until the mixture thickens into a creamy pudding, then remove from heat and let sit and cool to room temperature.
- To assemble the parfaits, add layers of the graham crackers, pudding, whipped cream and bananas, repeating each layer until your cup is full.
Be patient while making the pudding. You want to let the caramel mixture form to get that rich delicious taste!
If you let your pudding set in the fridge and some small clumps form, add the pudding to a blender and blend until smooth.
I use so delicious brand “coco whip” coconut whipped cream in this recipe, any store-bought brand you love will work! You can alternatively use any dairy-free whipped topping you love.
You can substittue the graham crackers in this recipe for your favourite vanilla wafer or cookie.
- Serving Size: 1 parfait
- Calories: 340
- Sugar: 24g
- Sodium: 200mg
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 48g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: healthy banana cream pie, vegan banana cream pie
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I know, trust and love!