A homemade banana cream pie parfait that is healthy, vegan and gluten-free! Vanilla pudding adapted from Amy Le Creations.
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk (from a can)
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour (can sub cornstarch)
- 1 cup plant-based milk milk (I like cashew milk)
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 8 gluten-free graham crackers, crushed
- 2 cups coconut whipped cream (Store bought or homemade.)
- Add the coconut milk, coconut sugar, vanilla extract and salt to a small pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-high, stiring every minute for about 10 minutes until the mixture thickens into a dark coloured caramel. (You’ll know it’s ready when it’s dark, theres less liquid and it looks like you’re left with caramel.)
- Mix the tapioca flour and plant-based milk together and add to the pot on medium heat.
- Mix togehter until the mixture thickens into a creamy pudding, then remove from heat and let sit and cool to room temperature.
- To assemble the parfaits, add layers of the graham crackers, pudding, whipped cream and bananas, repeating each layer until your cup is full.
Be patient while making the pudding. You want to let the caramel mixture form to get that rich delicious taste!
If you let your pudding set in the fridge and some small clumps form, add the pudding to a blender and blend until smooth.
I use so delicious brand “coco whip” coconut whipped cream in this recipe, any store-bought brand you love will work! You can alternatively use any dairy-free whipped topping you love.
You can substittue the graham crackers in this recipe for your favourite vanilla wafer or cookie.
- Serving Size: 1 parfait
- Calories: 340
- Sugar: 24g
- Sodium: 200mg
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 48g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: healthy banana cream pie, vegan banana cream pie