Tiramisu Overnight Oats
If you have a sweet tooth for breakfast but want something that is healthy and nourishing then you need to try these Tiramisu Overnight Oats! They’re easy to make and packed with 8 grams of fibre and 20 grams of protein per serving!
What are overnight oats?
Overnight oats are made by mixing oats together with a type of milk, flavouring and often chia seeds and placed in the fridge overnight until it reaches a creamy and thick consistency.
Unlike traditional oatmeal where the oats are cooked in liquid, overnight oats just sit overnight in a liquid. The result is a creamy, pudding-like of oats that can be enjoyed cold right out of the fridge.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Tastes like tiramisu: when I tell you these oats taste like tiramisu, I mean it. They’re packed with coffee flavour, creamy vanilla yogurt and cocoa powder to make them really taste just like the dessert!
- Easy to make: this recipe is so simple to make and only takes about 10 minutes to throw together.
- Perfect for meal prep: don’t have time to make breakfast in the morning? Then this recipe is perfect for you! It can be prepared in advance and stored in the fridge so it’s ready to go when you wake up.
Tiramisu overnight oats ingredients
- Oats: I recommend using rolled oats for a chewy and delicious texture. Quick oats will work too.
- Chia seeds: these not only add fibre to the recipe but will help to absorb the liquid and make the overnight oats creamy.
- Salt: just a pinch of salt to balance out the flavour of the overnight oats.
- Espresso: you can use a shot of espresso or substitute it with 2 tsp of instant coffee.
- Almond milk: or any type of dairy milk or plant-based milk you love.
- Maply syrup: to sweeten. You can also use honey.
- Vanilla extract: for flavour.
- Vanilla Greek yogurt: I like to use greek yogurt because it is thick and creamy, but you can use any type of yogurt you love.
- Cocoa powder: to top off the oats.
How to make Tiramisu Overnight Oats
Add the oats, chia seeds and pinch of salt to a mixing bowl or a large jar.
Next add the almond milk, espresso, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
Mix everything together until well combined, then cover and place in the fridge overnight or for at least 4 hours.
Layer the overnight oats in a cup, jar or bowl with the vanilla Greek yogurt and a dusting of cocoa powder. (You can do this step in the morning when you wake up, or the night before when you prepare the oats.)
- Cocoa powder
- Cacao nibs
- Chocolate chips
- Sliced bananas
- Nut butter
- Hemp seeds
How to store
Store the overnight oats in the fridge in an airtight container or jar for up to 3 days.
You can store the oats, yogurt and cocoa powder separately and mix them together in the morning, or you can store them already layered together.
Favourite jars for overnight oats
Expert tips for making overnight oats
- Use rolled oats. You can also use quick oats, but rolled oats give the tiramisu overnight oats a much nicer texture! Quick oats tend to get a bit mushy in overnight oats.
- Make it high in protein. Try adding a scoop of your favourite protein powder to this recipe to make it even higher in protein. Unflavoured, vanilla or coffee-flavoured protein powders would all work well.
- Store in individual jars to take on the go. If you want to meal prep this recipe, store each serving in its own jar already layered and ready to go!
Overnight oats FAQ
Yes! You can use 2 teaspoons of instant coffee instead of espresso in this recipe.
Overnight oats should be made at least 4 hours in advance, but are best if they soak for 8+ hours.
Yes. If you prefer to warm up the oats you can. However, try to avoid heating up the yogurt as it won’t taste great.
These overnight oats will keep in the fridge for about 3 days in the fridge.
More overnight oats to try!
- Cookie Dough Overnight Oats
- Chocolate Overnight Oats
- Apple Pie Overnight Oats
- Protein Overnight Oats
- Coffee Overnight Oats
If you tried these Tiramisu Overnight Oats or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram, Tiktok and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
Tiramisu overnight oats
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
Tiramisu overnight oats are packed with fibre and whole grains for a healthy breakfast!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- shot of espresso (can sub 2 tsp instant coffee)
- 1 cup almond milk (can sub any milk)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup vanilla greek yogurt (can sub unflavored yogurt)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- Add the oats, chia seeds, salt, espresso, almond milk and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl or large jar and mix together.
- Cover and place in the fridge overnight to set, or for at least 4 hours.
- Layer the overnight oats in a bowl or jar and top with a layer of greek yogurt and a sprinkle of cocoa powder.
Use rolled oats for the best texture.
Store in the fridge in jars or a sealed container for 3 days.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of the recipe
- Calories: 277
- Sugar: 10g
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 20g
Keywords: tiramisu overnight oats, tiktok overnight oats, tiramisu oats
Delicious! I love this recipe. Add cinnamon and cocoa sprinkled on top.
Happy you enjoyed it! 🙂
SO good!! Really tastes like tiramisu but is a healthy breakfast.