Breakfast Banana Split
Looking for a fun, healthy and creative breakfast? Try this breakfast banana split! It’s a fun twist on the dessert that is made with fresh fruit, yogurt and granola.
Banana split for breakfast!
We all know and love the traditional banana split dessert made with banana, and ice cream and usually topped with some sort of chocolate or caramel syrup. But have you ever had a breakfast banana split?
It’s a fun and healthy twist on the dessert that’s made with bananas, and yogurt in place of ice cream and can be topped with whatever toppings you love. If you enjoy yogurt parfaits for breakfast, you’ll love this recipe!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Ready in 5 minutes. When you don’t have a lot of time for breakfast, this is a great option! The entire recipe takes less than 5 minutes to throw together.
- Fun for everyone. Whether you’re an adult or a kid, this is a fun recipe that the entire family will enjoy!
- Healthy and nutritious. Each serving is packed with 15 grams of protein and 7 grams of fibre!
Breakfast banana split ingredients
- Banana: this is of course the key ingredient to this recipe! Use a banana of your desired ripeness.
- Yogurt: I like to use unflavored Greek yogurt, but you can use any type of yogurt you love. You can also substitute the yogurt with cottage cheese.
- Berries: I use a mix of strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries. Add any berries you love!
- Granola: this recipe is especially delicious with some homemade peanut butter granola or chocolate granola!
- Coconut: I use unsweetened shredded coconut and large flaked coconut.
How to make a breakfast banana split
Slice the banana in half lengthwise and place it on a plate or in a wide bowl.
Full the center of the banana with some Greek yogurt or cottage cheese.
Add berries on top of the yogurt.
Sprinkle with granola, shredded coconut or whatever toppings you love!
Breakfast banana split topping ideas
There are so many different toppings you can add to your breakfast banana split! Here are some ideas to get you started.
- Chia seed jam
- Berry compote
- Hemp seeds
- Chia seeds
- Flax seeds
- Maple syrup
- Nut butter
- Homemade Nutella
- Homemade granola
- Chocolate chips
- Use a banana that is the right ripeness. This will depend on your personal taste. I like my bananas completely yellow with no brown spots on them.
- Use a thick yogurt. I recommend Greek yogurt because it is thick. If you use a thin yogurt, it will spread too much on the plate.
- Use any flavour of yogurt you love. I like plain yogurt, but if you love vanilla or fruit-flavoured yogurt you can use that too!
- Add any toppings you love. I listed some great topping options above, so feel free to play around and add any toppings you love to your banana split!
Try these healthy breakfasts next!
- Protein Overnight Oats
- Peanut Butter Chia Pudding
- Acai Bowl
- Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal
- Almond Flour Waffles
If you tried this Breakfast Banana Split or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
Breakfast Banana Split
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Slice
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
A healthy take on a banana split for breakfast!
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup berries
- 2–3 tbsp granola
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- Slice the banana in half lengthwise.
- Add the yogurt to the center of the banana
- Add the berries, granola, coconut and whatever toppings you love!
Use a thick yogurt such as greek yogurt.
You can also use cottage cheese if you prefer.
- Serving Size: 1 banana split
- Calories: 270
- Sugar: 25g
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 15g
Keywords: banana split for breakfast, banana and yogurt