One of my favourite things to snack on is granola. I love sprinkling granola on my yogurt, chia pudding, fruit…or even just picking at it straight from the jar.
I’m a huge fan of the sweet and salty combination, and this granola is no exception. This maple pecan granola is also of course clean-eating approved, vegan, dairy-free, and gluten-free. (using gluten-free certified oats)
Lets get baking!Print
- 2 cups large flaked rolled oats
- 1 cup rice crisp cereal
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 275 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix your oats, rice crisps, almonds, pecans, and chia seeds, and salt together.
- In a separate bowl, mix together your coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Pour your wet mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well until it’s evenly coated.
- Spread your granola out evenly onto the baking sheet, and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool on the counter top completely before storing it.
*I recommend keeping your granola stored in a sealed tupper wear or mason jar in your cupboard.
*Depending on your oven, the granola may take a bit more, or less baking time. Make sure to keep an eye on it!