This sweet and salty maple pecan granola is the best granola there is! It’s healthy and loaded with pecans, oats and just a hint of salt!
Granola is a staple in my kitchen. It’s one of those things I make every couple of week on my food prep day. I love having granola on hand to snack on or to use on top of yogurts and chia puddings.
I used to always buy granola in the grocery store until I discovered just how easy it is to make at home! I’m serious. It’s one of those things that you don’t realize how simple it is to make until you make it. And once you do, you won’t be able to stop!
This sweet and salty maple pecan granola is my all-time favourite granola recipe. It starts off with some largely flaked oats, which make up the base of the granola. I highly recommend using large flaked oats rather than quick oats for the base as it gives the granola such an amazing texture! Quick oats tend to get a bit more mixed up into little crumbles, so you get less of a bite when you use them. (Though I have the granola with quick oats before, and they still work!)
Next, I add my favourite “secret granola ingredient”…rice crisp cereal!
If you’ve never had rice crisps mixed in your granola before, you have too! In my books, they are an absolute MUST. They give this light and airy crunch to the granola that is just so yummy.
I’m a huge fan of the sweet and salty combination, and this granola is no exception. The hint of salt pairs so well with the maple syrup in this recipe and gives it that sweet and salty (or salted caramel) sort of taste. If you don’t like the sweet and salty combo then you can just leave the salt out altogether.
This sweet and salty maple pecan granola is:
- Refined-sugar free
- Gluten-free (*make sure your oats are gluten-free certified)
Once it’s all baked up, you can store this granola in a large jar or container in your pantry for up to a month (though trust me, it won’t last that long.)Print
My all-time favourite granola recipe loaded with oats, maple syrup and pecans!
- 2 cups large flaked rolled oats
- 1 cup rice crisp cereal
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, rice crisps, almonds, pecans, and chia seeds, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well until it’s evenly coated.
- Spread your granola out evenly onto the baking sheet, and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool on the counter top completely before storing it.
Store in a large jar or container
Keywords: how to make granola, homemade granola recipe