These Vegan Pecan Pie Bars make a delicious healthy treat that is perfect for a Fall dinner or potluck! They’re made with an almond flour crust and topped off with the most delicious pecan pie topping!
Last year for a Fall holiday recipe I made some Pumpkin Pie bars. This year I wanted to turn another Fall-favourite pie into a bar and make these incredible Vegan Pecan Pie Bars.
The base of these bars is made with almond flour, which makes this recipe completely grain-free and high in protein. The almond flour crust also gives the recipe an even more nutty and rich taste.
The topping of these bars is very similar to the filling of a pecan pie. Loaded with pecan of course, that gets tossed up in melted coconut sugar and coconut oil mixture. This turns the plain ol’ pecans into candied pecans, that taste almost like a salted caramel praline. Seriously delicious!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- These Vegan Pecan Pie Bars are vegan, gluten-free and grain-free. They can also be made paleo with a few simple ingredient swaps if needed.
- These bars are super easy to make and easier to serve at a holiday party than a pecan pie. Cut them up into small squares and everyone can just grab a square as they please!
- These bars store well on the counter well covered in a container.
Ingredients used in Pecan Pie Bars
This recipe uses a total of nine ingredients, which makes it a simple and healthy recipe to make. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Almond Flour
- Cornstarch or Tapioca starch
- Coconut oil
- Brown rice syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Maple syrup
- Coconut sugar
How to make pecan pie bars
Start by preparing the almond cookie crust. Mix the almond flour, cornstarch, coconut oil, brown rice syrup and vanilla extract together in a bowl until well combined. Then press the mixture down into an 8×8 inch loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
Melt the coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut sugar salt and vanilla in a small pot. Bring the mixture to a boil for one minute, stirring constantly then turn the heat to low and add the chopped pecans. Pour and spread the mixture on top of the almond cookie crust.
Bake the bars in the oven at350 degrees F for 25-35 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting into the bars.
Tips for making this recipe perfectly
- When adding the almond cookie crust to the pan, use your fingers to press the mixture down evenly.
- Make sure to stir the pecan pie topping mixture frequently while it melts together to prevent the mixture from burning.
- Line the pan with parchment paper so the bars don’t stick to the pan and let the bars completely cool before cutting them. This will make the bars much easier to cut into.
More pecan recipes to try
If you tried these Vegan Pecan Pie Bars or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
These Vegan Pecan Pie Bars are a delicious and healthy treat which are also completely gluten-free and grain-free!
Almond cookie crust
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Pecan pie topping
- Mix the almond cookie crust ingredients together in a bowl, then use your fingers to press the crust into an 8×8 inch pan lined with parchment paper.
- To make the topping, add the coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut sugar, salt and vanilla together in a pot and melt on medium-high heat. Bring the mixture to a boil and let cook for one minute, mixing constantly to prevent burning.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the pecans. Mix until well coated.
- Pour the mixture ontop of the almond cookie crust, spreading evenly.
- Bake the bars at 350 degrees F for 25-35 minutes.
- Let cool completely before cutting.
Don’t forget to line the pan with parchment paper to prevent the bars from sticking to the pan!
Keep an eye on the pecan pie topping mixture, and stir it a lot to prevent it from burning.
Store any leftover bars in an air-tight container on the counter.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 248
- Sugar: 12.5g
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 12g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: healthy pecan pie bars, grain-free pecan pie, vegan pecan pie
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I know, trust and love!