Coconut Chia Pudding
This Coconut Chia Pudding is healthy and easy to make and is loaded with coconut flavour. You only need a handful of ingredients and a bowl to make this recipe!
Chia seeds are one of my favourite ingredients to use and it’s no secret I love making chia pudding out of them! Chia seeds are packed with nutrients and make for a healthy breakfast, snack or dessert. They also can absorb 10x their weight in liquid, so they’re amazing for making creamy puddings.
This Coconut Chia Pudding is especially creamy since it’s made with coconut milk, which is higher in fat than using an ingredient like almond milk.
Why you’ll love chia pudding made with coconut milk
- This recipe is simple to make but one of the most delicious ways to enjoy chia pudding.
- It only uses 6 simple ingredients to make this recipe!
- It’s the perfect breakfast or snack to bring on the go in a mason jar or tupperware so you can enjoy it at work, after the gym or even on a roadtrip.
- The coconut milk in this recipe makes the chia pudding really rich and creamy, so it feels like a decedent treat!
How to make chia pudding with coconut milk
This coconut chia pudding recipe starts with some chia seeds and unsweetened shredded coconut and then gets mixed together with some light coconut milk, maple syrup, and just a touch of vanilla. THAT’S IT.
Pretty simple, right? What I love about using coconut milk to make chia pudding is that it’s a little bit richer than using almond milk. (since it has some more fat in it) This creates a chia pudding that is super creamy!
After you finish making the base for the chia pudding, you can add whatever types of toppings you like. In the case of this recipe, I opted for some strawberries and some coconut chips. The combination of coconut and strawberry is a perfect match!
There are so many different ways you can top off this chia pudding! Here are some of my favourite ideas:
- Sliced Bananas
- Cut up Mango
- Coconut flakes
- Nuts and seeds
- Cacao nibs
- Cinnamon or Coco powder
- Bee pollen
Tips for making this recipe perfectly
- Whisk the chia pudding together well for a few minutes before placing in the fridge to avoid getting any clumps.
- For the perfect texture, place in the fridge overnight to set so the chia seeds really have time to expand. (This recipe is still delicious if you let it sit for just an hour though!)
- When assembling a cup of chia pudding, layer the chia pudding with fruit and some granola, flaked coconut or nuts on top for a bit of crunch!
- Make this recipe directly in small jars to have your coconut chia puddings ready for an on the go snack.
- Make this recipe a chocolate coconut chia pudding by adding 2 tbsp of cocoa powder to the recipe!
- You can make this coconut chia pudding recipe with full-fat coconut milk if you’re looking for a richer & creamier chia pudding. Just remember that coconut milk can be pretty high in fat, which is why I prefer light coconut milk for this recipe!
More chia pudding recipes on the blog:
- Banana cream pie chia pudding
- Strawberry rhubarb chia pudding
- Key lime pie chia pudding
- Mango Chia Pudding
- Blueberry Chia Pudding
- Raspberry Chia Pudding
If you tried this Coconut Chia Pudding or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!
A coconutty chia pudding that uses only a handful of ingredients and one bowl to make!
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Let sit on the counter for 10 minutes, giving it a stir every 2-3 minutes.
- Cover and place in the fridge to firm up for 1-2 hours.
- Remove and enjoy.
Top this chia pudding off with some strawberries and coconut chips
Store this chia pudding in the fridge for up to a week in an air tight container
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 235
- Sugar: 12g
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 14g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: how to make chia pudding, chia pudding with coconut milk
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I know, trust and love!