This vegan coconut rice pudding is smooth and creamy and makes the perfect warming treat! It’s made with all natural ingredients and is refined sugar-free, so it’s healthy enough to enjoy as a breakfast or dessert!
As soon as September rolls around all I can think about is Fall. Even though it’s still warm out, my mind goes straight to pumpkin spice recipes, oatmeal recipes and warming recipes that feel like a hug in a bowl!
So as you can imagine I’m EXTREMELY excited about this vegan coconut rice pudding! This recipe has all those cozy warming vibes but still feels fresh and not too heavy.
Stovetop rice pudding
Rice pudding is soft, creamy, and has a really neutral flavour compared to eating oats or some other porridges, which makes it the perfect for flavouring it how you like. This recipe can be made in one pot directly on the stove.
This rice pudding features cinnamon and cardamom as the star ingredients and gets a little extra flavour zing from some orange zest. Seriously, guys, this is the only rice pudding recipe you’ll ever need.
How to make coconut rice pudding
- Cook the coconut milk with the cardamom pods to infuse the coconut milk with cardamom flavour.
- Add the rest of the flavouring and the rice and let cook until nice and creamy.
- Remove from the pot and top with any toppings you love!
A Rice pudding recipe with no eggs
The combination of the milk and rice makes a very creamy texture, so you won’t miss or need the eggs like in traditional rice pudding!
This vegan coconut rice pudding can be made for breakfast or dessert. It’s made with coconut milk to give it
Tips for making this recipe perfectly
- Use Jasmin rice or arborio rice in this recipe for best results. These will give you a creamier rice pudding.
- Use cooked rice in this recipe. It’s great for using leftover rice, and also makes it faster to make.
- There are so many rice pudding topping options you can go for! I love adding some fresh berries, hemp seeds and some cinnamon, but any types of fruits, nuts, seeds, chocolate, jams, granola…etc. would be delicious! The possibilities are endless!
More vegan sweets to try
If you tried this vegan coconut rice pudding or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!
The creamiest rice pudding loaded with coconut milk and flavoured with cardamom and cinnamon!
- Place the coconut milk and cardamom pods in a small pot on medium-high heat. Let bubble for one minute, then reduce heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes to infuse the coconut milk with the cardamom.
- Using a spoon, remove the cardamom pods.
- Add the cinnamon, vanilla extract and maple syrup and stir until combined.
- Next, add the rice and let simmer on medium-low heat for 10 minutes until the rice becomes nice and creamy.
- Stir in the orange zest.
- Top the rice pudding with fresh berries, shredded coconut, maple syrup, or any other toppings you like!
Use Jasmin rice or Arborio rice for best results.
If using uncooked rice, just follow package directions for cooking and use about 3/4 cup uncooked.
Store leftovers in the fridge. You may need to add a bit more liquid when reheating so the rice pudding stays nice and creamy! Use any type of rice you like for this recipe. White rice or brown rice both work well.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 293
- Sugar: 6g
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 53g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: Vegan rice pudding recipe, rice pudding with cooked rice
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I know, trust and love!