This Coconut Cashew Bircher Muesli is healthy and great to prepare ahead of time for a quick and easy breakfast! Topped with fresh fruit, nuts, and seeds, it’s a delicious way to start your day.
This recipe is sponsored by Patience fruit & co.
All you need to make this Coconut Cashew Bircher Muesli is 7 simple ingredients. Similar to overnight oats, it can be prepared the night before you want to enjoy it so it’s ready to go first thing in the morning!
Fortunately, this recipe is easy to make and naturally vegan and gluten-free using gluten-free oats.
What is the difference between bircher muesli and regular muesli?
Regular muesli is typically dry, made of oats and some nuts and seeds. On the other side, bircher muesli is similar to Overnight Steel Cut Oats, and is soaked overnight to form a porridge.
Traditionally, bircher muesli is made with a creamy element, like yogurt, some lemon juice, and often some sort of fruit like apple or orange.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- It only takes 5 minutes to prepare and can be prepared the night before you want to eat it, so your breakfast is ready to go in the morning!
- It’s made with rolled oats and loaded with fibre, so it will keep you full and fuel you for your day
- It’s creamy and eaten cold. So, it’s perfect for a fresh breakfast!
- Bircher muesli can be made directly into mason jars, so it’s a great breakfast to take with you on the go!
How to make bircher muesli
This Coconut Cashew Bircher Muesli is quick and easy to make. Make it in a bowl or directly in a jar.
- Use a grater and grate the apple
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl or directly in a large jar.
- Place in the fridge overnight and enjoy in the morning!
The perfect breakfast for an active day
If you’re on the go, enjoy doing any physical activities, or just need a breakfast that will sustain you, this Bircher muesli is for you!
It’s topped with Patience fruit & co tropical delight active blend, which is made from whole nuts, grains and dried cranberries for a great source of energy.
The tropical delight blend contains a mix of cranberries, cashews, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and coconut for a perfect balance of sweetness, crunchiness and coconut flavour!
The cranberries in the blend are also a natural source of Polyphenols, which are high in antioxidants, can help improve digestion, and help with weight management.
Tips for making this recipe perfectly
- Use a firm crisp apple, like granny smith or honey crisp which will hold up better in the overnight oats.
- Don’t skip out on the lemon juice. The juice not only adds some nice tang to the recipe but will help prevent the apple from turning brown.
- Use rolled oats for a chewy texture. (delicious!) Or, if you prefer a more porridge-like texture, you can use quick oats for this recipe instead
- Double the recipe and use small individual sized mason jars to have your breakfast ready and portioned out for 3-4 days.
More breakfast recipes to try
If you tried this Coconut Cashew Bircher Muesli or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
This Coconut Cashew Bircher Muesli is a healthy breakfast loaded with fresh fruit and sweet flavors, perfect for being prepared the night ahead!
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use gluten-free oats)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 granny smith apple, grated
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 cup almond milk or light coconut milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Patience Fruit & Co Tropical Delight active blend
- 2 kiwis, chopped
- 1 banana, chopped
- shredded coconut
- Mix all the muesli ingredients together in a bowl or in a large jar until everything is incorporated.
- Place in the fridge to set overnight.
- When you’re ready to eat it, remove from the fridge and top with fruit and shredded coconut.
Granny Smith apples work best in this recipe since they are more firm and crisp.
Make sure to add lemon juice so that the apple doesn’t turn brown in the fridge overnight.
Rolled oats work best for a chewy texture. If you prefer a more porridge-like texture, you can use quick oats in this recipe.
This recipe is best enjoyed within 3-4 days.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 270
- Sugar: 18g
- Sodium: 13mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: bircher muesli, overnight oats