a delicious and healthy breakfast that can be prepared the night ahead!
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use gluten-free oats)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 granny smith apple, grated
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 cup almond milk or light coconut milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Patience Fruit & Co Tropical Delight active blend
- 2 kiwis, chopped
- 1 banana, chopped
- shredded coconut
- Mix all the muesli ingredients together in a bowl or in a large jar until everything is incorporated.
- Place in the fridge to set overnight.
- When you’re ready to eat it, remove from the fridge and top with fruit and shredded coconut.
Granny Smith apples work best in this recipe since they are more firm and crisp.
Make sure to add lemon juice so that the apple doesn’t turn brown in the fridge overnight.
Rolled oats work best for a chewy texture. If you prefer a more porridge-like texture, you can use quick oats in this recipe.
This recipe is best enjoyed within 3-4 days.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 270
- Sugar: 18g
- Sodium: 13mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: bircher muesli, overnight oats